Seattle Newbie

Bethany McGregor

Hello there! Be careful - there are hundreds of sub-par shops up here. Then again, coming from the SF Bay Area I'm a little spoiled.

I would recommend the aforementioned Derek Noble at Luck Devil (which is about to be renamed Dark Age or Dark Ages), he did my neck which you can see in my gallery.

Also everyone at Fist Full Of Metal up on 85th & Phinney are wonderful people and accomplished tattooers.

If you like the no frills classic look of traditional work, the folks at Liberty (just moved to Queen Anne) are all top notch.

There's Slave to the Needle that a few of my friends swear by, but I personally have no opinion of one way or the other.

If you're interested in black work there's a cat over at True Love in Capitol Hill named Thomas Sinnamond who does fantastic black work from what I've seen.

Hello there! Be careful - there are hundreds of sub-par shops up here. Then again, coming from the SF Bay Area I'm a little spoiled.

I would recommend the aforementioned Derek Noble at Luck Devil (which is about to be renamed Dark Age or Dark Ages), he did my neck which you can see in my gallery.

Also everyone at Fist Full Of Metal up on 85th & Phinney are wonderful people and accomplished tattooers.

If you like the no frills classic look of traditional work, the folks at Liberty (just moved to Queen Anne) are all top notch.

There's Slave to the Needle that a few of my friends swear by, but I personally have no opinion of one way or the other.

If you're interested in black work there's a cat over at True Love in Capitol Hill named Thomas Sinnamond who does fantastic black work from what I've seen.

Aaron Bell is at Slave to the Needle, I think, and his tattoos are great.

• 3 weeks later...
Hey has anyone heard good/bad/anything about Sunken Ship Tattoo in Everett??

my wife and i walked in there a few years back and she didn't like the vibe. they have a vintage clothing shop on one side and a tattoo shop on the other.

there's plenty of great shops on the area... this might help: http://www.lastsparrowtattoo.com/forum/general-tattoo-discussion/3532-shops-pacific-northwest.html