Gym/Healthy turnover lifestyle tattoo design ?

scatterbrain92

Hey there, I was wondering if anyone has any sort of ideas on how to incorporate a personal transformation I had... from being overweight most of my life to being skinny (with doctors help) to almost reaching dangerous eating disorders such as anorexia to wanting to have a healthy lifestyle at the gym (basically putting on some muscle/size) ....

Any input is well received ... Thanks in advance

anything that makes you feel powerful and happy to wear the tattoo. a tattoo can mean whatever you want it to mean and because it is art it doesn't have to be so literal. For example you can get a rose and a skull to remind yourself how much of a bad ass mother fucker you are for overcoming obstacles to meet your goals. Or a warrior battling a dragon could mean the same.

@Graeme had a well worded post about tattoo meanings but i forget what thread it is posted in.

anything that makes you feel powerful and happy to wear the tattoo. a tattoo can mean whatever you want it to mean and because it is art it doesn't have to be so literal. For example you can get a rose and a skull to remind yourself how much of a bad ass mother fucker you are for overcoming obstacles to meet your goals. Or a warrior battling a dragon could mean the same.

@Graeme had a well worded post about tattoo meanings but i forget what thread it is posted in.

I can't remember where that post is, but what you said here is what I was going to say. I'd maybe only add that if you want a tattoo to mark having a healthy lifestyle think about tattoos that will accentuate your body. That's more of a size and placement matter than one of imagery and there are basically unlimited possibilities there.

@hogg Do you still have that flash sheet of the reaper benching , deadlifting etc ? Something along those lines would be cool, otherwise OP if you are prepared to read through the " lifting thread " on here you will find it .

Happy Christmas, as you lot say:

c915af965b9611e2985c22000a1f9ad3_7.jpg

By Matt Staydohar, Anvil Brand Tattoo, Marysville, CA.

Good for you for taking charge of your health. I have also gotten myself into better shape over the last few years and have found that this makes getting tattoos all the more fun. I have a tattoo I really like on my shoulder and I enjoy wearing clothing that shows it off (in the summer, it's below zero temperatures today). Three years ago I would never have worn sleeveless shirts. I feel like there is some kind of mutual incentive with all of this- I want to be fit so I can enjoy my tattoos and I like to get tattoos as an inspiration to remain fit.

Get something you like and that you'd like others to see. You will know what it means to you and no one else will probably even care.

I saw a wonderful quote recently that said something like "you will worry less about what other people think about you once you realize how infrequently they do so."

Hey there, I was wondering if anyone has any sort of ideas on how to incorporate a personal transformation I had... from being overweight most of my life to being skinny (with doctors help) to almost reaching dangerous eating disorders such as anorexia to wanting to have a healthy lifestyle at the gym (basically putting on some muscle/size) ....

Any input is well received ... Thanks in advance

Get one of those tattoos that shows your arm ripped open and the muscle fibers showing. I want to do a robotic one.

• 4 weeks later...

Very impressed with your weight loss! I myself am struggling with it and need to do something soon. I like funny and cute tattoos that have meaning. My snoopy watch tattoo is of snoopy hugging the little bird and there are no hands on the watch. There was a time when I was working 18 hours a day 7 days a week. I was obsessed with it. Then I realized I wasnt spending any time with my kids. The watch for me means its time for my kids. I havnt had a real watch since and my kids have also greatly benifited from my life change. If you like a cute and sort of funny tattoo. How about a fit and hip sexy elefant in sunglasses. maybe lifting weights or doing a sport you like. Or maybe with two hot cheatas on his side. Hopefully I have sparked some ideas. Good luck and congrats

Very impressed with your weight loss! I myself am struggling with it and need to do something soon. I like funny and cute tattoos that have meaning. My snoopy watch tattoo is of snoopy hugging the little bird and there are no hands on the watch. There was a time when I was working 18 hours a day 7 days a week. I was obsessed with it. Then I realized I wasnt spending any time with my kids. The watch for me means its time for my kids. I havnt had a real watch since and my kids have also greatly benifited from my life change. If you like a cute and sort of funny tattoo. How about a fit and hip sexy elefant in sunglasses. maybe lifting weights or doing a sport you like. Or maybe with two hot cheatas on his side. Hopefully I have sparked some ideas. Good luck and congrats

Whats your point, caller ?