Cock kills its owner

Lochlan

Yep you read it right:

COPS suspecting FOWL play are hunting a cockfighting rooster on suspicion of slitting its owner's throat.

Indian police say the "dangerous rooster" is thought to have killed Singrai Soren after being forced back into the ring soon after his last fight.

The animal had emerged victorious, but witnesses said the victim died after the feathered fiend cut his throat with razor blades attached to its legs as he tried to immediately force it into another bout.

Villagers were warned not to approach the animal cops described as "an unknown rooster with black and red feathers".

Police want to find the bird to strip it of the deadly blades he killed with, but said with so many roosters matching his description the chances of catching him were slim.

A friend of the victim, named only as Dasai, said: "The rooster tried to get away from the ring several times but Soren tried to push him into the ring repeatedly.

"This upset him and he attacked."

The razor blades were attached to the rooster to fell opponents but sliced Soren's jugular vein instead.

Those around the ring only realised what had happened when blood started pouring out of him.

Advertisement

Dasai said roosters are used to an hour-long break between bouts.

He said: "Most masters are satisfied with the cash reward of £28 for every fight and a dead opponent to feast on but Soren seemed unsatisfied.

"He wanted him to go into the ring within a few minutes of his first fight and that is when the rooster began to complain."

Six days on, police suspect the prized rooster is being sheltered by a rival trainer keen to put the champion bird back in the ring.

It had notched up a four fight winning streak in the village of Mohanpur.

SOURCE

because it's too fun :)

I was only being an instigator/shit stirrer. For reals though I'm open to a discussion about veganism sometime- just not so much via a tattoo forum. I don't discredit the merits of it one bit outside of my joking about it.

well, i'm not the only vegan/vegetarian on this site, and i didn't get into via animal rights (i was still a vegetarian when i started volunteering/baking for the sf vegan bakesales), but rather through my commitment to the 5 precepts. however, as with my veganism, sobriety, and my spiritual/religious views, they're not a conversation point for me either on (unless it's me talking about a specific design, such as the Prajna) or outside of this forum. i simply live my life and let other's do the same.

I am always, always happy to hear when animals fight back. I just think it restores some tiny drop of balance to things. When I worked at the big cat sanctuary we had a Tiger named Cesar who led a Tiger revolt and killed the owner of the circus he was in. Owner's kid didn't put him down because he knew his dad was a dick and beat the cats. I always slipped Cesar extra food. He was always looking for ways to attack all us keepers. I say keep fighting the good fight, Cesar. Keep fighting brother cat.