wall tattoo

Lewis Britten

I am doing a bit of research here. Looking for feedback.....

I am a plasterer with over 20 years experience. I have done a lot of relief plastering and sculpting. This has led me to wonder if there could be a market for this in the tattoo world.

That is to say reproducing tattoo designs on walls in relief plaster work. This can be done inside or out and of any size. They can be done in any colour or combination of colours. Or naturally painted after.

I have searched the web looking for similar and found nothing other than wall stickers. This is deffinately something different to them.

Relief plastering is an ancient art form that dates back to the earliest civilisations.

The external version of this is known as pargetting and was popular in Europe in the mid to late

19th centuary.

Both of these skills are needless to say very rare now. However there has also been in recent years new plasters made available that make the eventual result far beyond what was ever achievable before.

The walls can have backgrounds added to enhance the designs. Basically anything imaginable can be reproduced to nearly any scale on any wall....

Naturally this would not be cheap, but also surprisingly affordable.

Please let me know what you think. Many thanks

Tough crowd.. I too would like to see your tattoos if you have any and some of your previous work..

What your talking about sounds pretty cool, personally if suggest meeting and getting to know some artists and maybe have them work with you on a project like like this.. Gone about correctly no one would be offended :rolleyes: and you could turn out some cool stuff..

Go to tattoo shops and ask :)

Thanks People for your replies, All very welcome. I have uploaded a couple of images here that give an idea of the work possible. Tomorrow I shall spend some time and do a couple of basic things that I think would be more appealing to the Tattooist's.

I understand that this is not directly about tattooing, however I know that tattoo designs would look great done on people walls in their homes or workplaces. After all some of you guys look like you're running out of room elsewhere... lol

You never answered my question about your own tattoos. Let's hear about them, better yet, let's see pictures of them, because I'm starting to suspect that you aren't actually interested in tattoos beyond how you can use them for personal gain, and this really isn't the place for that.

Graeme,

If I posted the one and only Tattoo i got on here you'd all laugh. 4am, pissed on stag do. Fair enough, yes i was here to ask if the tattoo community thought there would be any interest in what i was asking. as before not meant to offend anyone, i sort of thought it was what forums were for?

The relavence being tattoo designs placed in other locations, not totally irrelevent surely. Where else should i have suggested this question?n seemed reasonable to me..... first sentence said i was doing research, not trying to 'gain' anything other than more educated opinions.....

thanks all the same

- - - Updated - - -

Tough crowd.. I too would like to see your tattoos if you have any and some of your previous work..

What your talking about sounds pretty cool, personally if suggest meeting and getting to know some artists and maybe have them work with you on a project like like this.. Gone about correctly no one would be offended :rolleyes: and you could turn out some cool stuff..

Trying to go about correctly and answer with images?????

I guess I just don't get it. I don't want wallpaper designs tattooed on my body and I don't want my tattoos on my wall.

You would be amazed at the stuff we out in the walls of custom homes, in terms of faux finishes etc.

ppl have more money then brains, I believe if approached correctly, what I'm picturing could be pretty rad. Especially with the right tattooer's influence.

I def think like posted, already need to go talk to some artists.. I would do some serious research into portfolios to find a couple arts who styles meet or look like your goals. I'd def pick several and expect to be turned down a few times. My guess is the level of artist(s) needed for input may be very busy in terms of obligations to customers.

Good luck.

This forum is a little different from many forums in the sense that we have a very tight-knit and somewhat protective community with high expectations for contribution. I truly do think you will have a better reception if you go into some tattoo shops in your area, and approach them politely and respectfully. You will probably get better and more personal feedback than asking on the internet. Cheers!

Your type of work is very beautiful though, I do think you will be able to do business with the tattoo community.

thank you all for your help and suggestions, big time thank you. sorry to gatecrash the wrong party but all the same, thank you all for your help/ input, even you graeme.

-you were not kidding about lack of encouragement. however thanks all the same,and if i can find someone to take a photo of my pissed tattoo i will post it asap. and if there is an artist that wants to trade it over for

for a 'wall tattoo' please talk to me... not you though graeme, you'd do a wallmart sign on me

I think my style would be more along the lines of tattooing anthropomorphized penises. No hard feelings though, I think all of us here appreciate and value skilled craftsmanship, but like Hogg said earlier in the thread, for anything tattoo-related I prefer to keep my money in the tattoo community. And honestly, I think that stuff is probably cooler in more traditional ornamental forms than in doing tattoo designs in plaster on walls.