America Tattoo Trip 2014

motsimus

Hey Guys

So i have decided to travel to the states from Australia around July/August for a couple of months possibly with another tattoo friend of mine and would love to meet a heap of you guys while I'm over there. We are planning to start in San Francisco and travel across the country to New York hitting a lot of shops on the way for walk-ins (not going with a plan). I just wanted to use this thread as a kind of home base for information for the next few months.

Thanks LSTers

Also i will probably be doing a travel blog thing aswell.

Hey Guys

So i have decided to travel to the states from Australia around July/August for a couple of months possibly with another tattoo friend of mine and would love to meet a heap of you guys while I'm over there. We are planning to start in San Francisco and travel across the country to New York hitting a lot of shops on the way for walk-ins (not going with a plan). I just wanted to use this thread as a kind of home base for information for the next few months.

Thanks LSTers

Also i will probably be doing a travel blog thing aswell.

sounds like a fun trip !

Looks like you're taking the southern cross country route (since you're going to Rock of Ages). On your way up to Hold It Down in Richmond, VA you could stop by Hot Stuff Tattoo or Empire Tattoo both in Asheville, NC - you'd be passing it anyways :P

It'd be cool to meet a fellow LSTer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just a quick update on this ,here is a map of where I'm planning to Travel in America

It is just a loose plan and I may even decide to travel to more places or change some.

these are the Tattoo shops i want to get tattooed/visit.(note I won't be visiting every single one, I've tried to pick a few shops just incase certain artists are away.)

Idle Hands, San Francisco

Spider Murphy's, San Rafeal

Temple Tattoo, Oakland

High Seas Tattoo parlour , Los Angeles

Immaculate Tattoo,Phoenix

Love and hate tattoo parlour ,Phoenix

Rock of Ages ,Austin

Mainstsay Tattoo ,Austin

Pride and Glory Tattoo, Nashville

Live Free tattoo, Atlanta

Hold It Down, Richmond

Greenpoint Tattoo co. Brooklyn

Smith Street Tattoo, Brooklyn

Also on the map RED means travelling by bus

BlUE is by plane

and PURPLE is an alternate route by bus instead of plane.

Also if anyone has suggestions for things to do in these cities feel free to throw them in.

one last thing @cltattooing and @daveborjes id like to stop by your shops , so you should send me a link to your shops.