Some Thoughts and Observations

Jnvlv

I know I only have 2 tattoos (for now) :p but I have already started to see people differently. Before I had tattoos I noticed people with tattoos and always thought some looked cool but I was pretty indifferent toward them. Now that I have a few, I notice people without (visible) tattoos more. I guess it's because when I was looking before, it seemed everyone had tattoos and now I notice the opposite. It's like I unofficially joined some big group and I'm in the inside or something.

I guess I have gained an appreciaton for tattoos, people with them and the artists. I am sure a lot of people think this way but to me, my tattoos are more than just ink in my skin, they are highly symbolic of my life and thoughts. This is just me so I don't if anyone else has felt some sort of way or different after they were tattooed? Not just about themselves but anything really

Welcome to the dark side! :) I think my perspective has changed from gawking at heavily tattooed people to now seeing them as normal and people with one or two small tattoos as strange. Actually it was only recently I realized how I don't even give people with a lot of tattoos (hidden or visible) much thought whereas all the people I know with little or none see me as an anomaly.

It is much better to be on the inside looking out, for sure.

Haha, isn't it a trip how experience shapes perspective! I think a lot of, if not most people experience somewhat of a more profound change within themselves. You will find many small anecdotes of that phenomenon through the forum. Welcome to LST! Can we see the tattoos you have?

Thanks!!

Yes, I introduced myself here http://www.lastsparrowtattoo.com/forum/initiation/5016-newbie-phoenix.html and posted my tattoos

I've noticed the same thing @Jnvlv when I really started getting into tattoos. Honestly after my first 2, I still would look at people with sleeves and just think "Oh theres a guy/girl with a sleeve. Cool." But I've found that my interest has grown and my understanding about tattoos has grown, I look at peoples sleeves and study them, see what images are there, if there's a theme or if they just have a bunch of tattoos clustered together, and if they're really good, I may ask them who did their work. It's kind of nice transcending the perception that tattoos are just pictures on people's skin to really appreciating them as symbols.

Yeah it's like you automatically have something in common with someone. I have had a few convos with some other tatted people and we shared who did our tattoos

Sometime people don't like to bothered for some reason about their tattoos, not sure why

Yeah it's like you automatically have something in common with someone. I have had a few convos with some other tatted people and we shared who did our tattoos Sometime people don't like to bothered for some reason about their tattoos' date=' not sure why[/quote']

It's weird, I have several tattoos that are elbow down, what some call highly visible that I don't make any effort to cover and generally speaking others with visible tattoos will start or have convos because of this but always about tattoos. Like we can just skip intros and general tattoo talk because we already know each other or something.

Like stated earlier, I like being in the inside looking out lol

Yeah it's like you automatically have something in common with someone. I have had a few convos with some other tatted people and we shared who did our tattoos

Sometime people don't like to bothered for some reason about their tattoos, not sure why

Please don't take this wrong.....I am not meaning to sound like a bitch...but tattoos do not make people have anything in common with each other any more than you both having brown eyes!

I think the longer you have been a tattooed person, the longer you have had to deal with people just walking up to you wanting to discuss your tattoos and even walking up and touching your tattoos!

I am very willing to accommodate most people who want to do that as long as they respect my boundaries........

I mean it's cool to think of us all as one big family BUT 15 years ago it honestly was much more a family than it ever will be again because so many people are tattooed now!

Also....a visibly tattooed person is a person (in my opinion) that can no longer hide the fact that they are tattooed by pulling down the sleeves on their long sleeved shirt!

Hands/knuckles....necks....face! Everything else can be covered with clothing so heavily tattooed....yes.......visibly tattooed......not in my opinion until you can no longer hide them!

I think it's great people are getting more tattoos and I guess it's cool that they seem to be more acceptable now.....but I rarely walk up to someone and talk to them just because they are tattooed....

Please don't take this wrong.....I am not meaning to sound like a bitch...but tattoos do not make people have anything in common with each other any more than you both having brown eyes!

I think the longer you have been a tattooed person, the longer you have had to deal with people just walking up to you wanting to discuss your tattoos and even walking up and touching your tattoos!

I am very willing to accommodate most people who want to do that as long as they respect my boundaries........

I mean it's cool to think of us all as one big family BUT 15 years ago it honestly was much more a family than it ever will be again because so many people are tattooed now!

Also....a visibly tattooed person is a person (in my opinion) that can no longer hide the fact that they are tattooed by pulling down the sleeves on their long sleeved shirt!

Hands/knuckles....necks....face! Everything else can be covered with clothing so heavily tattooed....yes.......visibly tattooed......not in my opinion until you can no longer hide them!

I think it's great people are getting more tattoos and I guess it's cool that they seem to be more acceptable now.....but I rarely walk up to someone and talk to them just because they are tattooed....

Well of course, the only people I would walk up to are the ones who have several tattoos and also who have GOOD tattoos. I think that shows that they like it and they are serious about it. I wouldn't say we have a lot in common with a girl with a tramp stamp and a guy with a tribal band around his arm LOL I think that's pretty straight forward

Well of course, the only people I would walk up to are the ones who have several tattoos and also who have GOOD tattoos. I think that shows that they like it and they are serious about it. I wouldn't say we have a lot in common with a girl with a tramp stamp and a guy with a tribal band around his arm LOL I think that's pretty straight forward

Gotcha.........

Sure, it's still exciting and fun to be part of the club! However.. it gets exhausting when you're just trying to do your job or go to the deli, but of course that all depends on my mood. And chances are, I won't have anything more in common with Joe Schmoe that's covered in tattoos than with Joe Schmoe who doesn't have tattoos. I get what you're saying though dude, I remember that feeling when I started getting tattooed!