New Tattoo Design Ideas

Jnvlv

I don't know, there are so many images that could represent love or family--and you would know that it represented your adoptive parents and the love and respect you have for them without being limited by that flat design. A cluster of roses, for example, one for each of you... or, well, the possibilities are endless.

think if I was gonna go on with a symbol I would get something with more geometry . You could incorporate the heart into a mandala or some sacred geometry and get a really intricate and lovely piece.

p101.jpg

I do like this idea, I will let my artist know, I am sure he will come up with something awesome

I do like this idea, I will let my artist know, I am sure he will come up with something awesome

I'd suggest at least being basically familiar with what you're getting tattooed before getting it. Taking the Sri Yantra and adding things to it that really don't belong there is aesthetically obnoxious, disrespectful, and really represents the worst aspects of the current popularity of sacred geometry in tattooing.

I'd suggest at least being basically familiar with what you're getting tattooed before getting it. Taking the Sri Yantra and adding things to it that really don't belong there is aesthetically obnoxious, disrespectful, and really represents the worst aspects of the current popularity of sacred geometry in tattooing.

I would hope the tattoo artist who does this kind of work would be familiar with the traditions and what is appropriate ? I guess there are different levels of knowledge and ability just like any other profession ?

I guess this branches off the subject of people who tattoo vs. artists that create. Some who can copy vs. others that are truly gifted knowledgeable artists that create and design in addition to being good tattooers ?

Ohh, I meant I like the idea of the geometric designs. That, I assume, was just an example. I am not going to use that design.

I have already sent the artist the original idea but he doesn't sketch anything till the day of or before. If I change my mind, I should tell him now right? I don't wanna be annoying and not know what I want considering it's now only a few weeks away

- - - Updated - - -

Any animal holding another different animal.

I was thinking of something like 3 doves-small, large and medium sized in a cirle or intertwing or something :p

Any animal holding another different animal.

Yeah I was thinking birds, since they are a pretty simple design. I don't wanna go too overboard with this tatto. Keep it fairly simple with a strong message though. I am also worried about space and how much detail a larger/different animal would require (needs to be bigger to show the detail-esp if it were something like lions or tigers.

OK so I decided to go with birds

2 cardinals and a blue jay and my artist suggested some roses to add which will be nice too :D

I also finally booked my appt with Aaron Colemon for March 19th!! The horse of fire will be awesome I am sure. He said it will be about 2 1/2 to 3 hrs. It will be bigger than my cobra tattoo as well

The full side view would limit detail compared to the front on horses the bigger the head ofthe horse the more detail can be put into the tattoo. When adding flames I like the one with the black smoke behind it. Black smoke behind and even bits in between flames makes them much more realisitic if that is the look you want. Im also not 100% sure I like the horses flaming tail as that can end up looking like a fart on fire even though it is obvious what it is. The full flame main is not bad either but may look better with some black main showing through or make it look like the main is on fire rather then fire being the main. All personal preference. I also dont like to copy pictures exact and would rather do my own version of those ideas which your Artist may rather do as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey again guys, I guess I'll add to this thread instead of making a new one

I am planning a new tattoo, which probably won't be until June. I just wanna get some feedback and maybe new ideas :D

I am wanting a tattoo that represents kind of an inner struggle or ying/yang type thing. I don't want a ying/yang symbol though. My first thought was a dove and raven almost in a ying/yang pattern but I think I wanna be more creative than that lol

I'd like to use animals or maybe even like a black/white rose or something.