New Tattoo Design Ideas

Jnvlv

I just got my arm tattooed last Sunday but I am planning another in a few months or so ;)

This is kinda what I am thinking.

A black horse, mostly likely in a rearing position, either on fire or just alone. I am not sure yet, but the fire is a cool idea and adds some color (I like color in tattoos, especially accents-not too much, not too little) Also, I could do the abstract one, like in the photos below instead of an actual full horse w/ detail. I am thinking on my other arm, on the outside (where my snake/ankh one is now)

Any suggestions, additions?

Yeah I hear a lot about that place

I am kinda hesitant only because I think he has a very long wait time. I feel, where I go now, I pay good $$ and the quality is excellent. I don't know what he would charge. With the detail and size, I think the tattoo would be around $400-500 so more might be too much to me. I do believe you can over pay for things. Also, I have had 2 tattoos from the same place and I wasn't disappointed so why leave?

I looked at this work and the site and they do a good job but I don't know if it's the direction/style I want. I guess I'd have to go in the place and check it out.

Yeah I hear a lot about that place

I am kinda hesitant only because I think he has a very long wait time. I feel, where I go now, I pay good $$ and the quality is excellent. I don't know what he would charge. With the detail and size, I think the tattoo would be around $400-500 so more might be too much to me. I do believe you can over pay for things. Also, I have had 2 tattoos from the same place and I wasn't disappointed so why leave?

I looked at this work and the site and they do a good job but I don't know if it's the direction/style I want. I guess I'd have to go in the place and check it out.

If you ate two meals at a good restaurant and weren't disappointed, would you never seek out new restaurants ever again? :)

I am not sure of wait times, since I booked in about 3 or 4 months in advance because I was travelling. But don't worry too much about cost. Aaron Coleman tattoos extremely fast, so even if he has a higher hourly rate than what you have paid in the past I'd bet the cost would be very similar.

If you ate two meals at a good restaurant and weren't disappointed, would you never seek out new restaurants ever again? :)

I am not sure of wait times, since I booked in about 3 or 4 months in advance because I was travelling. But don't worry too much about cost. Aaron Coleman tattoos extremely fast, so even if he has a higher hourly rate than what you have paid in the past I'd bet the cost would be very similar.

Thanks, that info helped a lot!! Knowing he is fast and hourly helps me plan easier. I didn't know if he was or not.

I will call them today and ask about the times he is available and then try to get down there maybe this weekend. It is a little out of the ways for me in terms of driving but it does sound like he would really be worth it.

As for the actual design lol would the flames turn out well? I mean, I take care of my tattoos well and I would go to a high quality artist. Just wondering if it may be better without flames?

Thanks, that info helped a lot!! Knowing he is fast and hourly helps me plan easier. I didn't know if he was or not.

I will call them today and ask about the times he is available and then try to get down there maybe this weekend. It is a little out of the ways for me in terms of driving but it does sound like he would really be worth it.

As for the actual design lol would the flames turn out well? I mean, I take care of my tattoos well and I would go to a high quality artist. Just wondering if it may be better without flames?

If you look at the front page of this site where the tattoo of the month winners are, the May 2012 winner is a tattoo of a big cat with flames done by Aaron Coleman and it looks amazing, so yeah, I'd say that flames would work.

If you look at the front page of this site where the tattoo of the month winners are, the May 2012 winner is a tattoo of a big cat with flames done by Aaron Coleman and it looks amazing, so yeah, I'd say that flames would work.

Ok yah, that's what I need to see thanks :cool:

I defintely want the flames now and I am sure it will be worth the wait. I just don't want to wait TOO long

Considering this will be on my arm and the best time of the year to be outside here is coming and I want to be able to be outside without wearing long sleeves

So I called the Immaculate Tattoo place and Aaron is in Colombia at a tattoo convention which is pretty cool. He will be back next week so I can meet him and maybe make an appt. His next appt is for March, so that would give me enough time to plan more and save $$. It's not too long either I think. Feb always goes by quickly.

So I called the Immaculate Tattoo place and Aaron is in Colombia at a tattoo convention which is pretty cool. He will be back next week so I can meet him and maybe make an appt. His next appt is for March, so that would give me enough time to plan more and save $$. It's not too long either I think. Feb always goes by quickly.

Awesome! Congrats! You are going to get one hell of a sweet tattoo.

Awesome! Congrats! You are going to get one hell of a sweet tattoo.

Yeah I hope so too. I'll let you guys know how the visit goes and you will be one of the, if not the first ones to see the finished product if I do go with him!!

haha it's hard to have so many ideas, isn't it?

LOL yah it is, in fact I have an appointment to get a small tattoo (small compared to what I have now) on the 1st of Feb. I think I will get it on my upper back, most likely below the neck, not sure yet but in that area.

I was adopted and so I am going to get the adoption symbol efa3cf413615e543fe52c83ef780a782.jpg

I went to the liberty of drawing of rough idea of what I was envisioning.

IMG_20140109_222428_749.jpg

The hearts would represent my mom, dad and I as on family. It is a HUGE part of who I am even though I was 1 1/2 yrs old when they adopted me. I wouldn't have the life I do without them at all.

I think you should get that EXACTLY. Tell your artist no changes to the original design, coloring outside the lines and all!

But no, I guess it would work as a tattoo. Not sure about the blue and black alternating shading around the edges. I personally wouldn't get the design as a tattoo just because I think it's kind of visually boring, and I would probably find an image that better represents what you're trying to say (an animal, flower, portrait, etc). But it's your tattoo, get whatever you want.

Well upper back/neck so it would stick out a little

Other people have been telling me to do chest cuz of the hearts

- - - Updated - - -

I think you should get that EXACTLY. Tell your artist no changes to the original design, coloring outside the lines and all!

But no, I guess it would work as a tattoo. Not sure about the blue and black alternating shading around the edges. I personally wouldn't get the design as a tattoo just because I think it's kind of visually boring, and I would probably find an image that better represents what you're trying to say (an animal, flower, portrait, etc). But it's your tattoo, get whatever you want.

Well, I definitely thought about using something more visual but I couldn't really think of anything. I mean I guess a family of birds or something with a nest, but I didn't want that. I think I want this tattoo to be more for the meaning that the visualization-so less detail and time. Anyway, where I go, they always make it interesting, even if it's something simple like words or a design. I wanted it to be smaller and not too large either.