Introduction

Dbeatdano

Hi I'm Dano and I've been lurking on this thread for about 4 months until I decided to join and contribute. I'm from Milwaukee, WI. I've lived here all my life. I have already been tattooed, but thanks to sites like this, I've had a flood of ideas and tattooers that I want to get work from. I have 3 tattoos including a fu dog covering my left side with 2 peonies. It was done by Rachelle at Serenity ink here in Milwaukee. Talented artist if your in the area. I also have a traditional style anatomical heart with a treble clef on my sternum (my first tattoo) and my Irish family crest on my arm both done by Julio Avila at solid state tattoo. He's one of my favorite artists, although when I got my first tattoo, I didn't know shit about American traditional or about tattoos so I'm just relieved it was done by a great artist. I'm hoping to travel all over the country to get tattooed. If I could ever get the chance, I would love to get a couple tattoos from Uncle Allan. If anyone has been tattooed by him in the past, I would love any information you might have. Does he come to the states at all for conventions?

Hi Dano!

I've been tattooed by Uncle Allan at their new spot in Berlin and he is great! You can see some progress pics in my gallery if you're interested - we've got one more session to go for details/touch-up.

I don't think he makes it state-side too often, but I would highly recommend the trip to Berlin to visit him if you can swing it. Conspiracy Inc. is a really cool private studio set-up, Allan and Amalie are totally awesome and Berlin is a great city for hanging out and wandering around. Every time I've gone the whole experience has been a total blast! Truth be told, I'm kind of dreading my final session because it means I won't be going back for awhile...

As always, the best thing to do is just reach out and contact the shop. Send them an email and see what comes back!

Good luck!

Welcome Dano.

It sounds like your on your way to becoming a pretty good collector.Uncle Allan does real nice work,and so do the other artists at his shop.I would like to visit Berlin too,there's just so many good tattooers there.You should come to Jersey,and get tattooed by Kevin Leblanc.

Instagram

Some of these guys do neo traditional like Uncle.

Derek - Dark Age Tattoo

Instagram

Name Brand Tattoo

Instagram

If you have any interest in tattoo history, I would look into the Amund Dietzel books put out by Jon Reiter.

It's funny you mention that @MadeIndelible, I actually just picked up These old Blue Arms Vol. 1 by John Reiter and I have it pretty bookmarked with some of his flash I'd like to get. It was pretty cool to see some history by a tattoo legend in my home town.

Thanks everyone for the name compliments. Glad to see some D-beat fans on here as well.

@TaeTae I don't have a picture of it but I can get one put on here.

@Joe Shit- I actually am looking into getting tattooed by Todd Noble in the summer and I have a friend in New York so I could probably make the trip to get tattooed by Kevin Leblanc. I like his style. I'll have to check out more of his stuff and think of something I want to get. Thanks for the links too. I'll check them out as well.