New Member Introduction

mnpedro75

Just thought I would drop a quick note to let people know a little about me:

Live in the MPLS area of Minnesota

39 years old

First tattoo at age 18

Have a chest panel and a half sleeve on one side, with a few other decorations scattered around my body

Currently undergoing some laser to open up my options for future art

Why am I here? Tattoos in my opinion are a great expression of peoples likes, thoughts, dreams, fantasies, goals, etc, etc and talking about them, looking at them and offering each other advice is a ton of fun for me and very interesting.

Although I got my first tattoo 21 years ago, I had a tattoo epiphany about 7 years ago. I woke up one day and realized that tattoos are literally artwork and not just someone coloring in and outlining a design. I have gained a huge level of respect for artists and the power of tattoos. After hearing people come in and talk with an artist while I was getting tattood or on a break, they would really badger the artist about what they specifically wanted and they were really unwilling to be flexible.

I learned that they are artists and can tell you if something will work or will look like crap, take there advice they are professionals. Anyone who simply slaps whatever tattoo you have in mind on your body without a care as to what it will look like is not doing you justice.

I have come a long way.....and still have a long way to go.