I had a guy come in a few months ago asking for snowflakes on his nose. After about 20 minutes of me asking "are you sure? thats your NOSE man." (the guy only had one other tattoo, a tiger on his forearm) He seemed perfectly sober and willing to commit to his nose tattoo, so I finally said fuck it and got set up. I decided to just draw em on with sharpie, so i drew actual snowflake shapes from the bridge of his nose to his nostrils and he didnt like it, he wanted them smaller so i wound up just doing the traditional stars and dots all over his nose. He took a break about every 3 stars and kept saying "next time i need a drink before this shit! damn!" After about an hour of "add one more here, make this one bigger" I was finally done with this guy, took his money, the end?

Nope! The guy comes in WASTED 2 weeks later wanting a touch up, I told him he was too drunk and to come back when he was sober. So he comes back a couple weeks later, seemed a little tipsy but coherent enough. This time he wants his snowflakes covered up, because he was getting funny looks. He wanted me to put brown over it to match his skin color. i told him it wouldnt work but he insisted and had cash, so i get set up again and packed brown into this guys nose. Bridge to nostrils. He must've slammed a 5th of something while i was setting up because he wound up passing out drunk in the chair, we had to throw his ass out of the shop, he winds up passing out while leaning on one of those smokers pole things we have outside the shop, its snowing outside, he's in a t-shirt, puking all over the sidewalk. We're yelling at him to leave. Eventually the cops came and apparently he assaulted the cops and had to be taken away in an ambulance. So now this guy is walking around with snowflakes on his nose thats a shade browner than the rest of his face. That was the most ridiculous walk in I've had so far.

Because of that I dont tattoo faces anymore. Unless its another tattooer.

• 2 months later...

i had an older black couple come in wanting to get tattooed a few months ago that was quite memorable. the husband was a mute so his wife did all the talking and she informed me that he needed to get seven names on his forearm. not particularly caring to ask why so many names i went about preparing the design and attempting to communicate with him to find out exactly what he wanted, but basically the wife told him what he was getting and i started tattooing. as im on name number two i ask the lady, "are these the names of your children?" to which she replied, "no, they're all the names of my different personalities. i have multiple personalities." struggling not to bust out laughing i asked, "really? that's so interesting! when we're you diagnosed?" she said she had never been to a doctor or therapist but she just knew. the old man just sat there grinning and making weird noises as he was a mute. she stated that if he loved her he had to love all of her personalities, even the bad ones. "you don't want to meet mary lou!" was one of the more interesting things she said about her inner conflict of persons.

before she left she said they would be back again because they couldn't afford to get all of them that day.

Man so this is is more a story about a story, but a few years ago I worked with my buddy Dave, who has been in the game FOREVER. Anyway LST's own Pat (gougetheeyes) and I were at the shop having a conversation along the lines of this thread, laughing about people passing out/shitting themselves etc. when from the back of the shop where Dave was drawing I hear him chime in;

"had somebody die once"

uh... EXCUSE ME!?

"Yeah a girl, she died."

He's shuffled over and started in like it was a cross between a campfire ghost story and the monologue from Jaws.

"It was back in the 90's, Hawaii, 94 maybe? Anyway, crazy production shop sailors would come in, you'd work 12-15 hour shifts, go upstairs, sleep a few hours come back down, do it again. Make all your money for the next 6 months in 3 weeks. Anyways, it was one of those stretches I'd been going for hours, next tattoo was a girl, wanted a flower. She went into the bathroom, came out, and as she was walking to my chair she hit the floor. Dropped fucking dead. Paramedics came but she was blue, shot up in the bathroom before the tattoo, killed her. Fucked me up for a good bit. Good thing she didn't make it into my chair before she died, I probably woulda quit tattooing."

Pat and I were in awe, and just like that Dave went back to his drawing. I don't think anyone said another word for about an hour.

Waiting for one of my first tattoos, while a teenager in Belfast, I watched as a huge american guy, built like a tank, fainted as the needle touched his shoulder.

The knarly tattooist took his c*ck out and put it in the guys mouth as another artist took a poloroid photo.

The whole shop was laughing as the artist winked and told me that I was up next. I started shaking !!

Thankfully I did not pass out, but always have a quick glance when I am at an new artists just in case they have a poloroid camera lying about.

How is Bubbleberry's avatar so fucking big?

"It was back in the 90's, Hawaii, 94 maybe? Anyway, crazy production shop sailors would come in, you'd work 12-15 hour shifts, go upstairs, sleep a few hours come back down, do it again. Make all your money for the next 6 months in 3 weeks. Anyways, it was one of those stretches I'd been going for hours, next tattoo was a girl, wanted a flower. She went into the bathroom, came out, and as she was walking to my chair she hit the floor. Dropped fucking dead. Paramedics came but she was blue, shot up in the bathroom before the tattoo, killed her. Fucked me up for a good bit. Good thing she didn't make it into my chair before she died, I probably woulda quit tattooing."

Pat and I were in awe, and just like that Dave went back to his drawing. I don't think anyone said another word for about an hour.

China Sea Tattoo?

Man so this is is more a story about a story, but a few years ago I worked with my buddy Dave, who has been in the game FOREVER. Anyway LST's own Pat (gougetheeyes) and I were at the shop having a conversation along the lines of this thread, laughing about people passing out/shitting themselves etc. when from the back of the shop where Dave was drawing I hear him chime in;

"had somebody die once"

uh... EXCUSE ME!?

"Yeah a girl, she died."

He's shuffled over and started in like it was a cross between a campfire ghost story and the monologue from Jaws.

Totally forgot about this! I'm probably not gonna say anything for about an hour now..

While I was at my last session there were quite a few people in the shop, in particular two girls who were loud, one getting tattooed. They left about 5 minuets before a smoke break was issued from my artist. Upon entering the hallway I was greeted to a huge pile of puke, with the large majority being red wine....gross. I am usually in a meditate state during my tattoo so I guess I never noticed the one girl leave. Apparently the friend watching was pretty lit and decided that the hall/stairs was the best place to loose the red wine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh man, some good stories here. Living in spring break central (panama city, fl) it's always fun to people watch while getting tattooed and hearing the crazy ideas and outraged voices when they hear what a good tattoo will cost.

Last tattoo I got, was talking to a mom and her kids during a break and she was about to get a sand dollar on her foot. All you could hear was her screaming the whole time and got so panicked, she farted. Awkwarddd

• 4 weeks later...
Oh man, some good stories here. Living in spring break central (panama city, fl) it's always fun to people watch while getting tattooed and hearing the crazy ideas and outraged voices when they hear what a good tattoo will cost.

Last tattoo I got, was talking to a mom and her kids during a break and she was about to get a sand dollar on her foot. All you could hear was her screaming the whole time and got so panicked, she farted. Awkwarddd

Awkward is right, what did you say after she ripped one?