• 2 months later...
Seems like alot of these storys are when people we're apprenticing.. Well in that respect my story's the same, This was maybe my 5th tattoo in the shop i apprenticed at. I was tattooing a friend of mine that i knew from a boxing / kickboxing gym in the mission district of San Francisco back in 2001, I am maybe 30 minuts into this tattoo and some big guy comes into talk to my boss (it was just him & i that worked in the shop) So no big deal right?.. They go outside & i continue tattooing listening my Sepultura Arise cd blasting on the shop stereo. I am all consumed by this tattoo trying to make everything as perfect as i could When the guy im tattooing says he thinks something happening outside, So i stop and look up over the partition i didnt see shit so i get back on the tattoo then a couple seconds go by and i hear my boss yelling for me to "GET THE GUN!!" so i tell the guy im tattooing to stay there & i grab the big ass long barrell .45 revolver we had in shop, I'm on my way to head outside to see what the hell is going on when The guy i was tattooing asks me where the phone is, he's going to call the cops.. So i give him the phone & get the gun again. Then the guy i was tattooing says "whats the address here!??" i put the gun down AGAIN pull a card off the wall give it to him, as soon as i turn around there's 6 guys running into the shop two of them already have knives out and the damn gun is on the chair about 10 feet away from me with the hammer back.. These guys we're already striking distance away from me with knives out yelling this and that b.s. and im thinking to myself "ok this sucks but if it comes between me getting stuck with this knife or them seeing the 45 on the chair i got to make a move for the gun" i look over at my friend the kickboxer he's standing there like a statue, & instead of maybe getting ready to fight, or worrying about them stabbing him in the neck or stomach.. He has both of his hands over his balls.. hahaha even in that situation i remember thinking to myself w.t.f is he doing and finding it really funny. So anyways the boss comes running into the shop all bloody from getting jumped outside there's a couple other guys running after him so finally there's my distraction.. I make my move for the gun everybody see's me doing it, they bolt out of the shop going faster than they did coming in i give the gun to my boss i grab a hammer and we run after these guys as soon as we get outside he starts shooting.. unloaded the revolver.. These guys are understandably running like bats out of hell scattering everywhere.. Well no one got shot and after dealing with the cops and all that mess i finished up my 5th shop tattoo.

That may be the BEST tattoo story I've seen on this whole website so far! hahahaha

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

we had a guy have a seizure at the counter of the shop where i work this week. he was there to ask about advertising... next thing you know, the two tattooers in the shop have him under the arms and i'm holding a big soft chair in place that they tried to guide him into, but he was locked up in such a way that he was only about halfway in. also, whoever he had listed on his medical bracelet didn't pick up their phone when the paramedics tried calling them. big help they were.

the best part was the look in the eyes of the girl who showed up for her appointment while the EMTs were getting him some oxygen and asking him the standard questions.

I was in a local shop about 1980 or so, just shooting the shit with the owner on a slow night. This guy walks in and wants a tattoo on his dick. The owner quotes him a $100 "handling fee" on top of whatever the ink cost was. The guy doesn't bat an eye and agrees to the extra $100. The owner reaches under the counter and pulls out a piece of 1" x 6" board with all sorts of rusty nails sticking out of it and a claw hammer. The customer asks, "What's that for?". The owner comes back with "I ain't touching that thing, you'll have to nail it to the board yourself.". The customer turns and leaves without saying anything else.

CG

• 1 month later...
I had this woman come in for her foot tattoo after she worked all day. They smelled like cheese that went bad in a hatchback in Arizona . All the green soap in the world wouldn't get rid of that smell. I had to breathe through my mouth and was haunted by the smell for days after.

Ha ha Thats pretty gross.