Pagoda City Tattoo Fest - August 2014

Info is starting to come out about Pagoda City Tattoo Fest, organized by Justin Weatherholtz (Kings Avenue) and Joe Johns (Wizards World of Tattoos). It'll be just outside of Reading, PA in early August.

Instagram is @pagodacitytattoofest and it's putting out some names of people who will be there. It's shaping up to be a pretty good one.

I know. So far I could seriously consider getting tattooed by almost everyone on that list. But I'm in that same boat. I get tattooed by Grez about three weeks before that and then I'm starting my sleeve in January, so I'll be trying to save up. I may still spring for a little walk up with someone though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I might actually try and go to this one. I doubt I'll have cash to get a tattoo, but it's close enough for me to warrant going just to meet some of you guys. Plus I know Dave Fox will be there and I'd like to show him how well my chest has aged since he popped my virginity and potentially brainstorming an idea to bridge the gap between his chest panel and Dana's back piece. And hell, maybe I'll even enter the back piece contest for fun. It should be done by then.

• 4 months later...
For those who are more familiar with conventions, how much cash should I bring? If I want to buy art, etc... what are the chances they take credit?

Cash is the best bet.

Back up plan would be have a paypal account and the paypal app on your phone so you can transfer funds to the artist (if they are cool with that).

Cash was definitely king since the ATM in the hotel lobby ran out of money on Saturday afternoon.

I went up yesterday with @huggernaut. Neither of us were getting tattooed, but a few friends were. It was a great time. It was reallllly small, especially compared to the conventions I'd been to in the past, but that worked to its advantage. So many heavy hitters all in one room putting down serious work. The Kings Avenue booth was packed to the gills in the middle row and everything I saw them put out was dope. A back wall was lined by Ron Wells, Chad Koeplinger, Steve Byrne, Tony Hundahl, Marina Inoue, and a few from Inksmith and Rodgers (among others). I had friends get tattooed by Ron, Grez, Chris Stuart, and others.

I had won $100 from their IG contest, so Justin was nice enough to know who I was coming in, catch me, and get that all situated. Since my appt with Scott fell through, I spent it on the With The Light of Truth book and a shirt at King's Ave. And some cookies at Vegan Treats!

All in all, the convention was great, and I hope it becomes a regular thing!

I saw @chrisnoluck's tattoo in the other thread. Did anyone else go? Thoughts?

I flaked out last minute which I was pretty sure I was going to do anyhow. I wanted to try and pick something up from Dorsey, but the only prints he has available are not ones I want. Didn't feel like driving all the way up there just to walk around.