Looking for a Long Island NY shop that does oriental style work

Colored Guy

Thanks for all the help. If anyone has been inked by Lotus, Kings Ave or Joe Black, please PM me, I have a couple of questions regarding the shops/artists.

Thanks, Rob

- - - Updated - - -

Seems like you got your answer! What are your ideas for your next tattoo @Colored Guy?

I have some recent unfinished work I want another shop to complete.

Rob

kingsave .. Mike Rubendall (very long waiting list), Chris O Donnell (not as long waiting list), Matt B, Justin, ect.

If you are willing to travel to NYC then Chris Garver, RG , Kiku, from Invisible NYC.

It's basically how long you want to wait for a tattoo. Some artist you have to wait for many years to get an appointment while others just a couple month or even weeks. I wouldn't base it all on cost and detail . I usually leave it up to the artist. Most japanese tattoos have a lot of detail and to get one without too much detail could be done but..

I would save up another month , year or whatever to get a tattoo from one of the best.

Thanks for all the help. If anyone has been inked by Lotus, Kings Ave or Joe Black, please PM me, I have a couple of questions regarding the shops/artists.

Thanks, Rob

- - - Updated - - -

I have some recent unfinished work I want another shop to complete.

Rob

You've been a member here long enough to know that your best option to getting answers to your questions is to call or visit the shops.

Kings Ave has the most talented crew. Grez tattooed me over 10yrs.ago,and the tattoo looks like new.But those guys are usually booked up for a while,and they can pick and choose what projects they want to do.And some artists that reach a certain level don't like to finish what another artist started.It won't hurt to go to the shop to see if one of the artists is willing to finish your work,but you may have to go to a lesser known artist who isn't booked up for a long time to finish your work.

I did meet a guy in the city who had a Japanese backpiece from Joe Black,and it was nice work.

Kings Ave has the most talented crew. Grez tattooed me over 10yrs.ago,and the tattoo looks like new.But those guys are usually booked up for a while,and they can pick and choose what projects they want to do.And some artists that reach a certain level don't like to finish what another artist started.It won't hurt to go to the shop to see if one of the artists is willing to finish your work,but you may have to go to a lesser known artist who isn't booked up for a long time to finish your work.

I did meet a guy in the city who had a Japanese backpiece from Joe Black,and it was nice work.

it would be completely fucked up for you to get a piece finished by someone that didn't start it. regardless of them "reaching a certain level".

if you're going to a quality tattooer and you sign on to get work from them, you have to see it through unless you're unhappy with the work for some reason. going to someone else to get a piece finished just because you don't want to wait is about as disrespectful as it gets. don't get tattooed if you're going to pull some bullshit like this. people have no respect for tattooing anymore. this isn't a situation where you buy your xbox at target and buy the games at wal mart. this type of attitude pisses me off. why get tattooed by a given artist to begin with if you're going to have someone else finish it? just go to that motherfucker in the first place.

whoever you choose to go with be sure they're who you want. book a couple appointments at once if it's large scale work and make the commitment the same way your artist makes the commitment to apply the work to your body.

I've had this happen to me more than once not because a client couldn't wait but because they didn't want to pay my very reasonable hourly rate to get the work finished. they'd get their boy down the street to "color" a piece I drew, lined and started. this type of shit will earn you a punch in the mouth if I see you in public.