Color on one side - black and grey on the other

mnpedro75

I am asking for opinions, or artistic thoughts....as I know what I am about to ask will be answered with a "get whatever you want"

I have a samurai fighting a dragon on my arm, wind bars, cherry blossoms and a koi fish swimming down my chest as a chest panel. I will post a picture later but am trying to paint a picture of a somewhat traditional Japanese theme that is a chest panel, covers my shoulder and is a half sleeve.

So enough background, I am looking to get a substantial amount of ink on my other side to balance out things. Thoughts on people completely switching themes from one side to the other? Side completed is full color and I was thinking of going black and grey on the other? Thoughts on going to a completely different theme?

I am curious on some peoples thoughts.... My thought is they are two different sides of the body and could reflect different tastes

I know you weren't looking for a 'get what you want answer'. But it really is just going to come down to personal taste. Plenty of people love to sample tattoos from all different styles, some want a full body all in one style.

In my opinion there is more beautiful tattoo than traditional Japanese full body suit.

The fact that you are asking the question suggests you are interested in doing something else? So why not go for it?

My right shoulder is kind of a themed black and gray and I'm pretty sure if I ever get anything on the other shoulder it will be color. I have colored tattoos on my legs. At one point I thought maybe I would stick with black and gray above the waist and color below (which is currently the case) but I think I will just see where this takes me and decide when I need to. But, like I said, if I ever decide to do something on the opposite shoulder it will most likely be in color and very different than the one I have tattooed now.

I am asking for opinions, or artistic thoughts....as I know what I am about to ask will be answered with a "get whatever you want"

I have a samurai fighting a dragon on my arm, wind bars, cherry blossoms and a koi fish swimming down my chest as a chest panel. I will post a picture later but am trying to paint a picture of a somewhat traditional Japanese theme that is a chest panel, covers my shoulder and is a half sleeve.

So enough background, I am looking to get a substantial amount of ink on my other side to balance out things. Thoughts on people completely switching themes from one side to the other? Side completed is full color and I was thinking of going black and grey on the other? Thoughts on going to a completely different theme?

I am curious on some peoples thoughts.... My thought is they are two different sides of the body and could reflect different tastes

@Killercook76 has half Japanese work on the left side of this body and on the right side of his body is more American traditional work. Let's see if he can chime in here on his own experience and maybe share some pics as well.

Thanks @ironchef . Well for me I love all different styles of tattoos. With the exception of maybe tribal in most cases but i guess it looks good on certain people .. haha!! No but seriously... Getting a body suit or scattered tattoos by different artist is basically your taste. When I first started getting tattoos I never thought I would go with so much coverage. One thing I knew for sure was I didn't want a full body suit look only because I wanted tattoos from different artist .

A body suit can be done by more than one artist but then you can't get traditional or black n grey stuff because it may clash...

Honestly at this time I am trying to balance the two sides only in terms of coverage not in style. So far it is looking good!

Mostly because Japanese tattoos have a black n grey background anyways so... Personally I think it looks great!! The one thing about tattoos is there really is no rules !! Do what you like and if you are really unsure then either wait until you are or maybe speak to an artist.

I know people with both looks and I think it's really up to you!