Geek Tattoos

MrToby

I haven't. But it looks awesome. I can see how they are connected.

If you play the first Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, there are a couple colossus' (colossi?) you have to take on, which is a good deal of fun.

I've never played any of the Castlevania series, everyone is always telling me about them! I also don't have much time for video games these days :(

So I kinda consider myself Queen of geek tattoos.

I'm a pretty big book nerd. The deer and lady head-horse are influenced by Harry Potter and Earth's Children respectively. The middle lady head is my history geekness coming through, and is inspired by Josephine de Beauharnais, Napoleon's first wife. Also, the lady head-horse is a coverup of some [badly done] elvish script, and I've another elvish script piece across my shoulders which is also to be covered up when I begin my back piece next year. And that is being covered up with a dragon, which is influenced by Smaug.

:cool:

I have Michelangelo from the TMNT on my left shoulder and i'm going to be adding the rest of the turtles along with grumpy bear, clover (from my little pony tails), widget from widget the world watcher, the pink power ranger (original), oscar the grouch, the weapons from clue and some other things if i have room since it's going to be my childhood tattoo sleeve/arm

I don't know if this is really "geeky" or not .....It's my "Analog Bunny" tattoo!

Television (doesn't look as much like one as it should) with "rabbit ears" and the date that the US went totally digital with television and did away with the old analog system!

Wait, so what do you mean by totally did away with the bunny ears system? My ex (this past year) had free TV on bunny ears that we would watch when we were bored at home. It was hooked up to the TV by a cable, but I'm pretty sure it was still analog. Interested in hearing the 411 on this. Also, cool tattoo either way.

Wait, so what do you mean by totally did away with the bunny ears system? My ex (this past year) had free TV on bunny ears that we would watch when we were bored at home. It was hooked up to the TV by a cable, but I'm pretty sure it was still analog. Interested in hearing the 411 on this. Also, cool tattoo either way.

Are you sure it wasn't a digital antenna?

They pretty much look the same sometimes.....

BUT....read below....there still could be a few lower powered analog stations alive....LOL

"In the United States, high-power over-the-air broadcasts are solely in the ATSC digital format since 12 June 2009, the date that the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) set for the end of all high-power analog television transmissions. As a result, almost two million households could no longer watch television because they had not prepared for the transition. The switchover was originally scheduled for 17 February 2009, until the U.S. Congress passed the DTV Delay Act.[9] By special dispensation, some analog television signals ceased on the original date.[10] While the majority of the viewers of over-the-air broadcast television in the U.S. watch full-power stations (which number about 1800), there are three other categories of television stations in the U.S.: low-power broadcasting stations, Class A stations, and television translator stations. There is presently no deadline for these stations, about 7100 in number, to convert to digital broadcasting."

Are you sure it wasn't a digital antenna?

They pretty much look the same sometimes.....

BUT....read below....there still could be a few lower powered analog stations alive....LOL

"In the United States, high-power over-the-air broadcasts are solely in the ATSC digital format since 12 June 2009, the date that the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) set for the end of all high-power analog television transmissions. As a result, almost two million households could no longer watch television because they had not prepared for the transition. The switchover was originally scheduled for 17 February 2009, until the U.S. Congress passed the DTV Delay Act.[9] By special dispensation, some analog television signals ceased on the original date.[10] While the majority of the viewers of over-the-air broadcast television in the U.S. watch full-power stations (which number about 1800), there are three other categories of television stations in the U.S.: low-power broadcasting stations, Class A stations, and television translator stations. There is presently no deadline for these stations, about 7100 in number, to convert to digital broadcasting."

It may have been a digital antenna. I was just amused that I was watching bunny ears. There was a few documentaries and westerns that we watched. And, of course the news. It was a good way to kill time while not working and a good foreplay exercise. hahahaha

It may have been a digital antenna.

An antenna is just an antenna, it picks up radio waves however they're encoded.

(i.e. there's not really a difference between a "digital" and an "analog" antenna.)

It's then up to the receiver to be able to decode the signal in the appropriate way.

Antennas and Digital Television | FCC.gov