Geek Tattoos

MrToby

An antenna is just an antenna, it picks up radio waves however they're encoded.

(i.e. there's not really a difference between a "digital" and an "analog" antenna.)

It's then up to the receiver to be able to decode the signal in the appropriate way.

Antennas and Digital Television | FCC.gov

Okay....that makes perfect sense.....when they first switched over you needed a digital conversion box if you wanted to use your old television......and I am sure you could use your original antenna....like you say...they all do the same thing! I just know now they market a lot of them as "digital antennas" or I guess maybe HDTV antennas!

So would an old antenna still pick up an HDTV signal......I mean is all that converted inside the television? Or do you need a specific antenna to grab those signals out of the air?

Sorry we are going so far off topic here....LOL......just curious

I have a antenna hooked too the television in my Art Room and it picks up some digital channels.....I did it so I could see the local channels my Roku didn't pick up.....but it had said "digital" antenna...... :/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Speaking of The Doctor, I was out in Denver working this week so we finished up the time vortex around the TARDIS. Went with a red/orange/yellow palate because the blue/purple one would have made it all look like a blue blob on my arm. I only have one really crappy pic from the hotel I sent my wife. I hope to have one worth posting after I get all the way home.

• 3 months later...