N00b collector

Bexter

Just spoke to Olivia. All good. Dead excited. 6 sleeps! What supplies do I need for healing? Bepanthen, none fragrance soap stuff. Is that it? Worth getting antihistamine?

Was also thinking of trying that tatuderm stuff?

For your first tattoo do exactly what your artist tells you to do. You'll figure out what aftercare works best for you with experience but until you understand how you heal, just go with what your artist tells you to do.

Other than that, be well rested and have a decent meal beforehand. Good luck and have fun!

For your first tattoo do exactly what your artist tells you to do. You'll figure out what aftercare works best for you with experience but until you understand how you heal, just go with what your artist tells you to do.

Other than that, be well rested and have a decent meal beforehand. Good luck and have fun!

Alrighty. Keeping it simple.

Ta! Bex

2 SLEEPS! AHHH.

I have a quick question if anyone's about.

The day after my tattoo I have to go to a big client meeting. I kind of have to look grown up-ish at a client meeting, so I would usually wear a long sleeved blouse or top.

In theory, I was thinking blouse as the two I have are quite loose fitting, so shouldn't touch the tattoo much. However, I was wondering what kind of state my tattoo would be in as I don't want it leaking stuff all over one of my best blouses. Or freak out the client by having a leaky arm!

Also, my blouse is chiffon, so it's slightly see-through. I wear a vest, but my arm would be slightly visible. When my tattoo is healed, this won't be a problem, my clients won't mind that I have a tattoo, but what kind of state will it be in? I don't want to wear a see through blouse if it's going to be a mess.

This seems like a stupid question, but I really have no idea? I might have to buy a new (cheap) blouse or something. Or should I wrap it up for the meeting? It will be a good few hours.

Ta

Bex

@Bexter

When you take off the wrap the first time you'll have a cleaning job on your hands, as you probably know.

Whether you re-wrap or not before sleeping for the night chances are the tattoo may continue to ooze a little overnight. Hence you will sometimes see people recommend wearing an old shirt to try to avoid ruining nice sheets or whatever.

On day two after you shower you might have more of this, but probably less and maybe none. You might get the odd small speck. Oddly I find my feet and legs seem to weep a little longer than places like my front or arms.

In summary, you should be ok for your meeting if it's in the middle of day two. If you're in doubt that morning you could wear something dark so any small speckles aren't noticeable.

That's looking really good so far. It's always amazing to see people jump in to such large pieces for their first tattoo. I think it takes a lot of guts to do that. My first tattoos were small and able to be hidden by clothing. Now I've got more visible tatts than not lol. I'm getting some larger pieces done now. I've put quite a large deposit down with my new artist and am going for at least two more appointments. Anyway, good luck with the rest of the piece. Looks like you've chosen a great artist.

That's looking really good so far. It's always amazing to see people jump in to such large pieces for their first tattoo. I think it takes a lot of guts to do that. My first tattoos were small and able to be hidden by clothing. Now I've got more visible tatts than not lol. I'm getting some larger pieces done now. I've put quite a large deposit down with my new artist and am going for at least two more appointments. Anyway, good luck with the rest of the piece. Looks like you've chosen a great artist.

Thanks! I was only going to get something 'medium sized' but it escalated quickly. Mostly because I did my research and wanted to give the artist enough space to create something great. And I'm glad I did. I like to do things properly.

I've kind of fallen in love with the line work as it is, I suppose this happens to a lot of people?

I'm thinking of having a break after the line work is finished anyway for various reasons, which will give me time to enjoy it as it is for a bit and then when I get the colour, it will be like getting a new tattoo.

Booked in for 8 hours next time :/

I seriously can't stand the itching at the moment though. Argh.

Thanks! I was only going to get something 'medium sized' but it escalated quickly. Mostly because I did my research and wanted to give the artist enough space to create something great. And I'm glad I did. I like to do things properly.

I've kind of fallen in love with the line work as it is, I suppose this happens to a lot of people?

I'm thinking of having a break after the line work is finished anyway for various reasons, which will give me time to enjoy it as it is for a bit and then when I get the colour, it will be like getting a new tattoo.

Booked in for 8 hours next time :/

I seriously can't stand the itching at the moment though. Argh.

Congratulations - it's a beautiful piece of art!!! I've got a week and a day to go till the needle goes in - getting very excited :-)

xccx

Congratulations - it's a beautiful piece of art!!! I've got a week and a day to go till the needle goes in - getting very excited :-)

xccx

Thanks. I really love it. Already used the "because I like magical horses" line on people asking "why that?"

You've not much waiting now! Looking forward to seeing the results! I'm excited for you.