Hola from San Francisco!

littlecreatures

Hello and thank you for such an incredible wealth of shared knowledge. My name is Jasmin, I live in San Francisco, where I teach young children. I am here to learn more about the community and do some active listening. I have five tattoos that I am really grateful for. I have had the pleasure of being tattooed by some great people and I am just so fascinated by the art, and profession. I am hoping to educate myself on the history with help from this website, books, and the kindness of some of the folks who have tattooed me. I look forward to learning and getting know you!

Hello motsimus,

I don't mind you asking, I am new to this and generally don't talk too much about my tattoos. I can be a bit shy about it actually. Hopefully this forum will change some of that. I really respect the people who I've chosen to tattoo me. They were kind and very thoughtful with their approah to my ideas. They executed them way beyond my vision.

Travis Berg

Chris Conn

Scott Sylvia

Jonah Levin

Mike Lucena

@bugxjuice Howdy, right back atcha. I was tattoed by Chris 8 or so years ago. I am terrible with time lines but it was a very sweet experience and it was where I met Mike Lucena who tattooed me last year. He was apprenticing with Chris.

- - - Updated - - -

photo-24_575610_thumb.jpg photo-24_575610_thumb.jpg God, that just took me a minute to figure out the photo upload feature on here!

- - - Updated - - -

photo-1_thumb.png

Mike Lucena's fancy workings

Thanks for all the encouragement. It's a bit intimidating to share. Hope you all enjoy a peek in to my mind/heart at the hands of some very talented artists. Enjoy.

- - - Updated - - -

@hogg Thanks! and BAY AREA! When is it gonna rain?!

- - - Updated - - -

hey there @Iwar I was in Oslo a few years back, it was lovely. I posted a few pictures below. I actually dont have many pictures of my tattoos. My co-worker took the one of my arms today at work. And the moth, I took off of Mike's Instagram. I hope they are ok!

And thank you for the kind welcome.

@cltattooing Thanks so much. It's really nice to hear such wonderful feedback. Tattoos have been such a personal experience for me that I forget how good it feels to share them. It's kinda crazy how often they are covered up or how I forget they are there. It feels good to recognize and honor the art and artists!

- - - Updated - - -

Hi @CABS thanks for taking a look and for saying hello :) I knew from the moment I decided I wanted tattoos that I would never have colorful ones. I've spent a lot of time admiring colorful tattoos but it just doesn't seem to fit or work with my skin. I do love shading and delicate lines regardless of color or black and gray. Your weeping Drake is cracking me up!

Those Chris Conn tattoos are insanely beautiful. They're aging so beautifully and still look so perfect. It's crazy.

My tattoos are all black and grey too. Last time I got tattooed by Freddy he told me he was jealous of me for having the foresight to get nothing but black and grey when I started getting tattooed years ago, and that if he could do it all again that way he would.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi @rozone Thanks! one is Chris Conn and one is Scott Sylvia. I got Guadalupe first and then about 4 years later had finallly come up with my next idea. Since Chris had left the business during that time. I asked Chris who he suggested for the style I wanted. I shared my idea with him and he pointed me to Scott Sylvia, for which I am super grateful. Scott did a wonderful job with what I call "indigena" he nailed it. I know this may sound silly, but A big part of getting tattooed for me is feeling a connection to the artist. Both of these guys made the experience memorable for me. I wish Scott was my unkle. Nicest dude. oh and btw. I absolutely LOVE your 3 eyed lady, it's so beautiful and unique!

Hey @MadeIndelible The welcome I've received has been warm and very generous, thanks everybody! and thank you for the compliment. No such thing as a bad seed! just seeds who had shitty growing conditions, not enough sunshine and water :)

also: from what i've seen (joking or not) it seems that people are pretty respectful on here and that people check themselves. It's nice to see adults communicating on this site, way to go ya'll!

Hi hi @littlecreatures!

Welcome to LST!

Just in case you have not bumped into them yet, here are two books regarding tattoo history and women that I love:

Bodies of Subversion: A Secret History of Women and Tattoo, 3rd Edition: Margot Mifflin: 9781576876138: Amazon.com: Books

The Tattooed Lady: A History: Amelia Klem Osterud: 9781933108261: Amazon.com: Books

And YES! please post pics of your other tattoos. The ones you have uploaded are lovely! :o

All the best!

photo-24_575610_thumb.jpg photo-24_575610_thumb.jpg God, that just took me a minute to figure out the photo upload feature on here!

- - - Updated - - -

photo-1_thumb.png

Mike Lucena's fancy workings

Thanks for all the encouragement. It's a bit intimidating to share. Hope you all enjoy a peek in to my mind/heart at the hands of some very talented artists. Enjoy.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

those are really beautiful tattoos littlecreatures :)