Bad Ink?

Please let me know if there is already a thread and I've missed it. I searched the forums and didn't see anything, and I looked through each page. Its been a long day, so apologies in advance.

Has anyone watched this show?

Bad Ink - A&E

I had not heard of it until I stumbled upon it in iTunes last night.

The tattoos on the episode and a half I saw were all awful, and a fair few of the "before" ones were downright fake. A few of the cover ups were as well. Someone, either here or on Facebook, had found a casting call aimed at members of the Screen Actors' Guild that outright said you didn't need to have a tattoo, and specifically asked for someone with space in which to draw a fake tattoo.

I think this was covered in another thread at some point as well... perhaps in the depths of the Inkmasters thread?

Seems a bit staged to me, but the ink they show, fake or real is still pretty neat. Worth a watch if you're looking for ideas :)

A big plus its only a 1/2 hour and good to kill some time. Some of the before tats look really fresh so I'll call it mostly staged. Some of the afters, they run from real good to real bad. Still it may have an actual 45 seconds of actual tattooing going on.

Rob

This may be the only tattoo show I couldn't sit through. The knucklehead that stars in the show just did some awful work on the little bit of the one show I could sit through. I'm still not sure what knucklehead number two's role is. I can't even watch the commercials. The two knuckleheads are making fun of other people's ink and they have some pretty terrible ink themselves. YMMV.

• 2 months later...

I'm not really thrilled with this show myself. The jokes are lame, the tattoos are less-than-impressive...I just found the show very difficult to watch. Especially after seeing Tommy Helm over at Tattoo Nightmares. The skits on that show aren't SNL quality, but the art is pretty damn good.