Tattoos After Dark

I... I don't even...

Was on a random Youtube-Binge for Tattoo videos yesterday, came across a show called Tattoos After Dark. You may find episodes on Youtube, here's the official link:

Tattoos After Dark | Tattoos After Dark

I...I'm still not sure if that's real or just staged. Everything about it screams fake, but then again its on TV so...

But yeah. Forget bad Tattoo shows. The dudes in this one a totally fine with giving a couple that has been together for three months a matching neck tattoo (Episode 4). Oh they both already have matching tattoos from their respective exes. And... well, watch. I for one couldn't manage more than five minutes, I didn't even get to the actual tattooing.

And I watched all of Tattoo Learning Center.

I'm sorry if I have shattered what was left of a barely intact faith in humanity. You're welcome.

This show is AWFUL. At least half of it is clearly staged. I saw a couple episodes, one where a random naked guy shows up in front of the shop asking to use their phone because his friends stole his clothes, and another where a guy clearly doesn't speak English and can't draw what he wants...oh, the hilarity. The tattoos are pretty much garbage too. The whole thing makes tattoos seem like something only crazy people can get to show the world how crazy they are, like a desperate grab for attention.

If you don't go in expecting much, which of course we didn't, the show can be kind of funny. We appreciate the dry sense of humor of the British piercer, especially. Good show to fall asleep to. As much as I'm sure it is staged like all tv is--it still pretty much captures the essence of Hollywood and Venice.

I think its entertaining . Its not pretending to be a show about the bestest tattooers or anything like that. The people in the shop are really affable. Its bubble gum for the brains . Far better than the "tattoo nightmare" type shows they are showing over here , channels in the uk seem to have a fixation for showing tattooing in a really bad light , gypsies , and poor people . Its depressing.

• 2 weeks later...

Tattoos After Dark is a joke of a show, none of the tattooers are worth a shit--especially that idiot Friday Jones...and that moron of a piercer isn't doing the show any favors either.

Regarding Tattoo Nightmares, I don't know if anyone who watched the show noticed, but in every episode the three artists are always wearing the same clothing: Tommy wears the same v-neck, Jasmine wears the same blue top and jeans, and Gus always wears the same unbuttoned plaid shirt. I know they can't film an entire season in one day, so it's very curious why they always have the same clothes on. Also, when they're tattooing and talking to the person about their shitty tattoo, the artist is making the motions like they're tattooing, yet you don't hear the machine and you don't see any progress being made to the cover-up, just the artist running the machine over the area and looking like they're interested in the person's story.

If TM hasn't been cancelled yet, it needs to be.