New "Facebook Connect" feature

tammy

hello all,

I just wanted to let you know that you can now connect your facebook account to your Last Sparrow Tattoo Account.

What does this mean?

It is a great way to share interesting threads, posts or blog articles easily with your facebook friends. If you see a blog post or thread that you want to share, all you have to do is click the little facebook icon at the bottom of the thread/post/blog and you can share it will post onto your facebook page.

You can also set up your Last Sparrow profile so that it pulls some info from your facebook apge (but you can customize this if you do not want to share too much).

Just a new feature that we thought you might like.

Let us know your thoughts.

I did edit my "about me" on here after "pulling info" from FB, it did automatically change a few things. Ironically, my "about me" now told visitors less, I don't have too much personal info on FB. I think this will be a cool feature in the long run!

• 2 weeks later...

I've updated the social sharing system so that is now hidden under the 'share' link which appears to the lower right when you move your cursor over any post, blog, etc. I added a few sharing options as well. This takes some of the visual clutter away from the site so you can enjoy the content a little more. Post here if you run into errors etc w/ this new system. Cheers.

• 1 month later...

Hi all: I probably would have asked you this offline so I may as well ask here instead...

For the FB connect feature - does this mean that my personal information (full name, fb default photo, etc) will be available for other users to view or is FB connect simply an easier way to join the community w/o going through the full registration process?

Hi Wendy,

It's just an easier ('one click') way to register for the forum. You do have the option to import your FB info into your Last Sparrow Tattoo profile, but you get to choose what info you'd like to include or exclude.

Thanks for asking!

Cheers