UK tattoo novice!

Sami Grey

Hi guys, basically I'm 19 years old. 20 next month and I've just got my 2nd tattoo. Both are black and grey... but I'm in need of some advice! I've got these two done from the Same person... I really feel they need re-shading but wanted to get others advice? + can I go elsewhere to get them re-shaded?

Cheers,

Sam

Hi guys' date=' basically I'm 19 years old. 20 next month and I've just got my 2nd tattoo. Both are black and grey... but I'm in need of some advice! I've got these two done from the Same person... I really feel they need re-shading but wanted to get others advice? + can I go elsewhere to get them re-shaded? Cheers, Sam[/quote']

I'm no expert but I'm going to say you need more then a little re-shading, looks like they need re-working. I'm sure others will chime in, just my 2 Cents.. Considering the state of them, I don't see going to another artist to fix them as an issue, just be up front and stick with it.

Hi there, welcome to the site! I really don't mean to bum you out man, but the artist who did this has no business tattooing, everything about the execution is hugely lacking, the lines are very bad, shaky and uneven, and the shading is heinous. I would recommend never going back to the person who did this and never giving them money again. If you are tremendously lucky you may find a decent artist to fix this up, but be warned that a lot of artists do not fix or rework other peoples tattoos. On the plus side since it is so light it could be lasered or covered quite easily, compared to very dark tattoos anyway.

Hi Sami, I'm new to the forum and from the UK too. It's a shame you are not happy with your tattoos, but it's a good idea to get it dealt with sooner rather than later. Especially in such a high visibility spot.

I'm an amateur when it comes to tattoos, and learned an awful lot by reading the 'what makes a good tattoo' thread. Having a good nosey around the site might help you find styles that you like which will help you narrow down which artist to go to next. I'm sure the people on here can see you right. :)

That is exactly as I thought. Just wanted someone to say it rather than me sounding like a knob! I'm so bloody worried now though about finding someone to re-work it! I'd rather not have to have it lasered as I'm sure that costs alot?

Sami,

You have two options...ether you get the work touched up to make it look better or you get it lasered to the point of being able to get a whole new piece...

Given your tattoo is both black and faded I can't imagine you would need no more than 6 sessions to get it to the point where you can get a whole new tattoo...the negatives being laser is both expensive and extremely painful..

If you like the designs just get someone to re-work it...

Good luck mate

Josh

Yeah man...I agree with Josh. If you want to keep those designs have them re worked.

Don't stress. I've had plenty of work re worked, covered and it all works in with the suit just fine. welcome to a fkin great journey in getting smashed in ink :)

Take your time now, suss a few different tattooers, just talk with them, be straight up...find a fella who can cover/ re work well. Believe me...I've had real dark tattoos just ploughed over real heavy and it works well if the dude knows what he's doing...just be mindful, round 2 is the last round with this approach.

When ya find a good bloke that will help fix these tattoos for ya, just treat him with some respect & give him some clean skin first to work some real nice pieces. It's about building rapport.

Good luck with it all.

Yeah man...I agree with Josh. If you want to keep those designs have them re worked.

Don't stress. I've had plenty of work re worked, covered and it all works in with the suit just fine. welcome to a fkin great journey in getting smashed in ink :)

Take your time now, suss a few different tattooers, just talk with them, be straight up...find a fella who can cover/ re work well. Believe me...I've had real dark tattoos just ploughed over real heavy and it works well if the dude knows what he's doing...just be mindful, round 2 is the last round with this approach.

When ya find a good bloke that will help fix these tattoos for ya, just treat him with some respect & give him some clean skin first to work some real nice pieces. It's about building rapport.

Good luck with it all.

Mick those are some serious tatts you have mate...

Hope you don't live on the Goldie or in QLD as I'd imagine they'd give you some seriously unwanted attention...

Love the body suit mate...I'm in the process of getting a black and grey one, 130 hrs in...

If you don't mind me asking how many hours for yours?

Cheers

Josh

Cheers Josh. Appreciate the comments mate, thank you.

Yeah man, live in Brisbane..and I ride a HD.

When we ride now, and the fellas I ride and camp out with take off for a run, part of the pre run conversation is....what we tell the pigs if we get intercepted. We hit runs northern NSW and shit, so pretty good once ya cross the border.

Been hassled a little bit, but if ya play it cool and know ya rights ya pretty set.

Not so easy for anyone who's been named in the "26" that are just motorcycle enthusiasts.

All this with luck should get over turned at the high court.

Where are you mate?

Hours under the machine...I really don't know mate. Arms all re sleeved, decided to punch in real heavy with a solid black background mainly for that very reason of re working the arms. I'd take a rough punt and say 300 plus, from the waist to the ankles is as heavy as the torso.

Sorry for straying off topic here to the thread starter. As stated, best of luck with it. Suit it up!