Embarrassing question

KegRN

I was thinking the other day. I often get a few minor pimples on my back. No major break outs or anything but I was wondering, if a get any in the days before my tattoo, how will that effect the process?

Personally, I found that it's best to go in with your skin clear. Unfortunately, part of shoulder had acne on it when I had one of my tattoos done. Now that specific spot isn't the exact same color as the rest of the tattoo. Luckily for me it's just a dot or two. So in my opinion, I would get your skin acne free before having that area tattooed over.

Well, if I had a cream that kept my skin constantly clear I would be using it already. My tattoo is in one month. Right now there isn't a mark on it but generally it doesn't stay that way long no matter what I do. I was hoping to get some insight from an artist on how it effects the actual process of tattooing. The advice I'm getting on how to keep myself acne free, though well intended, does not really answer my original question.

If you don't have a cream or treatment for them... then maybe just take super good care of your skin and avoid greasy foods? I had acne in the past and I don't use any products anymore. Instead, I keep my skin clean, drink lots of water and stay out of the sun.

I know it's embarrassing, but you could always ask your artist...

I guess I shouldn't worry about it then.

no, :) I wouldn't worry about it,IMO the majority of the "tattoo world" people don't care,half the time all our pride is out the window anyway,I spent 8 hours at the SF show with no shirt on and my pants & undies pulled down below my ass for a tattoo,I realized my inhibitions didn't matter that day !

so my point is,don't be embarrassed .most reputable people with integrity in the "tattoo world" IMO are pretty forgiving & non judging,or at least that has been my experience.

I have bad skin on my upper arms no matter what I do (KP, which sometimes can look like a zit). Part of my motivation in getting tattooed there, to be honest. It didn't seem to affect healing at all.

Some of the, er, least conventionally attractive bodies have some of the loveliest tattoos.