New to the site

Zachary Brown

Hi, I'm Zac. I'm 20 and have been adding to my half-sleeve type tattoo since 18. I've added about 1 tattoo per year. February 2012. The next February 2013. Then more recently broke that habit and got one in October 2013. I'm only at 3 separate tattoos, but they all combine into one part of my arm. All the tattoos on this arm are religious, and two include words. I know that some see irony in that or see it as stupid but they help me in my weak moments. I see these tattoos as a source of strength and that's all that matters. I'm nearing the end of my tattoo collection for this arm, and have only one spot left that I wish to fill. I do have some space that I wish to get filled in with some detailing or background but I haven't decided on what to do yet. Random piece of information, each of my three tattoos have been done by a different artist, and I plan to keep this tradition. I give the artist my basic design or concept and ask for them to put their own person twist on it. I loved everything so far. But enough with me being random...after I contribute to the site some I'll get to asking questions to get help with my next design and any future tattoos.

IMG_0274.jpg

IMG_0270.jpg

IMG_0275.jpg

IMG_0269.jpg

Right.

Op, welcome to LST! Thank you for sharing your tattoos, where are you from?

Thanks for the welcome...I'm from Houston, Texas...but I'm currently living and going to school in Louisiana.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh ok, I understand. Probably.

Lol...lots of people ask me what the angel is doing with its body exposed...I may not look it in the pictures, but I'm 6'5" and 315 lbs. I'm a big guy. I've always been big. My whole life people have always made those fat jokes and tried to make me feel uncomfortable about myself. When I first drew the angel, it was more modest and faceless, but definitely a woman. The tattoo artist then put his own twist into and added her breast, face, and hair. I thought about it, and I saw how beautiful and confident the angel looked, and thought to myself that's the human form being shown with pride and joy. Getting that angel has honestly forced me to be more comfortable with my own body, and not be afraid to go shirtless or to not cover up. I'm not an overly obese guy, I'm a college athlete, but I always found being my size to be unappealing. Now I'm more happy with who I am. That angel is like a guarding to me and just a reminder of how things started before clothing and such.

Lol...lots of people ask me what the angel is doing with its body exposed...I may not look it in the pictures, but I'm 6'5" and 315 lbs. I'm a big guy. I've always been big. My whole life people have always made those fat jokes and tried to make me feel uncomfortable about myself. When I first drew the angel, it was more modest and faceless, but definitely a woman. The tattoo artist then put his own twist into and added her breast, face, and hair. I thought about it, and I saw how beautiful and confident the angel looked, and thought to myself that's the human form being shown with pride and joy. Getting that angel has honestly forced me to be more comfortable with my own body, and not be afraid to go shirtless or to not cover up. I'm not an overly obese guy, I'm a college athlete, but I always found being my size to be unappealing. Now I'm more happy with who I am. That angel is like a guarding to me and just a reminder of how things started before clothing and such.

Got it, thanks for sharing and glad your tattoo helped you improve your self-image.