2014 Montreal Art Tattoo Convention

I have to miss Montreal again this year. Disappointed but, looking forward to seeing lots of pics. The 'latest lowdown' thread has been a bit slow lately. That will change around mid September I'm sure.

Well, our employer, a major educational institution, couldn't manage to pay us for our labor, even though they had more than a month.

Our Montreal trip is cancelled, deposit lost, irritation levels are high.

This sucks!!! I know Ron guests at the Pearl often enough, so hopefully you guys can make up the appointment then, but we will miss you!

Yeah, going all three days is EXHAUSTING. It was really a lot of fun though, got a great tattoo, saw a lot of great tattoos, showed my butt to people I hold in very high esteem, hung out with friends, made new friends, and all around had a great time. It's weekends like these that make me feel really fortunate to have a part, however small, in this crazy tattoo thing.

Here's a picture from our LST brunch meetup on Saturday:

2h30rnp.jpg

I've probably said it before, and I'm sure I'll say it again, but y'all are a great bunch of people: smart, funny, interesting, fun to hang out with. I'm proud to call you friends.