2014 Montreal Art Tattoo Convention

This year's Montreal convention is still a long way off, but they just released the poster for the convention:

2q01xkz.jpg

Mike Rubendall did the poster and it's a truly great one. If past years are any indication, it'll be a while yet before we see what artists will be attending, but Val and Pierre from Tattoomania always do a tremendous job with the convention and get some of the finest tattooers from around the world to attend, it's held in a beautiful space, and it's a really fun time in a great city. We also had a little LST meetup last year and it was a real pleasure to meet some of you in person.

This year, the convention is going to start off at the Yves Laroche Gallery with a showing of new paintings from Phil Holt, Timothy Hoyer, Lango Oliveira, and Edu Cerro and if you've been following those guys on instagram you know that the show is going to have some pretty spectacular pieces in it.

Anyway, here are links to the convention:

website

instagram

facebook

Who is planning on going?

Did you have your appointment with Chad yesterday? Or is it today?

I was in yesterday in the morning. Chad took about 3 hours to finish all the shading and colour. It was fine for the first hour and then got a little intense. It's all good today though!

Some seriously bold and bright colours!!!

I'll post the pics when he does or for the march tattoo of the month thread.

I'm feeling a little crazy about this, but I'm booked for tomorrow afternoon to get a Polito style parrot on my thigh. Got to take advantage while one if my favourite tattooers is in town!

I was in yesterday in the morning. Chad took about 3 hours to finish all the shading and colour. It was fine for the first hour and then got a little intense. It's all good today though!

Some seriously bold and bright colours!!!

I'll post the pics when he does or for the march tattoo of the month thread.

I'm feeling a little crazy about this, but I'm booked for tomorrow afternoon to get a Polito style parrot on my thigh. Got to take advantage while one if my favourite tattooers is in town!

Chad posted it on instagram and HOLY SHIT.

@mtlsam I don't know how I missed this! I just saw Chad's Instagram pic - holy shit! That is amazing. Absolutely amazing. And, looking forward to seeing you again next September in Montreal.

Hey, thanks a lot. I'm really pleased as well. Definitely looking forward to another LST meetup in September. I'll try to get there a bit earlier so I catch everyone.

Ps. Chad says he plans to be at the Mtl convention again this year...

I hope this year I can go....all depends on money and time but I think it should work out. Plus I have an idea for a tattoo I want from someone who may attend.

This is going to sound like the creepiest thing to say, but several times when @Graeme has been talking to people who have tattooed him/me recently, they have mistaken him for you, we're pretty sure. As in they see his Hooper sleeve and we talk about the MTL convention and they said, "are you the guy that goes to the convention with the Hooper raven sleeve and chest?" and then we have to be like, "no, that's a different hairy dude with a raven sleeve from Hooper." They're talking about you, yes? In moments like this I realize that this is a much smaller world than it may seem.

This is going to sound like the creepiest thing to say, but several times when @Graeme has been talking to people who have tattooed him/me recently, they have mistaken him for you, we're pretty sure. As in they see his Hooper sleeve and we talk about the MTL convention and they said, "are you the guy that goes to the convention with the Hooper raven sleeve and chest?" and then we have to be like, "no, that's a different hairy dude with a raven sleeve from Hooper." They're talking about you, yes? In moments like this I realize that this is a much smaller world than it may seem.

Haha that's funny it's a very small world. Do you remeber who it was who asked?? I miss going to that convention.