2014 Montreal Art Tattoo Convention

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Where do you out-of-towners usually stay? I stayed at the Novotel last year and it seem to be pretty much full of convention-goers.

Last year my wife and I stayed with friends in the city. I suspect we will do the same this year. Hotels cut too deeply into my tattoo budget! ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like Nick Colella will be attending. Outstanding line up of artist announced so far. Part of me wishes I wasn't already committed to having my thigh piece worked on so I could get a couple pieces from artists like Colella, Christian, etc.

Also the Bruins are going to win game 7 tomorrow.

Looks like Nick Colella will be attending. Outstanding line up of artist announced so far. Part of me wishes I wasn't already committed to having my thigh piece worked on so I could get a couple pieces from artists like Colella, Christian, etc.

Also the Bruins are going to win game 7 tomorrow.

I was wondering if Nick's appointments were going to be all taken up by LST people like Chad's were last year!

PS to do that they'll have to be capable of getting close to the net at some point, so it's not looking good.

I was wondering if Nick's appointments were going to be all taken up by LST people like Chad's were last year!

PS to do that they'll have to be capable of getting close to the net at some point, so it's not looking good.

I thought about getting another one from Nick this year, but I'm really up in the air about what to do.

Nice - mine is on Saturday. Hopefully I'll be able to come down on Friday, but my teaching schedule for the fall won't be available for several more weeks. Are you going to stay for Saturday? (and Sunday?) @Shaun1105

I'm answering this question in this thread, just so that we don't dominate "upcoming tattoos" too much with our Montreal talk ;)

@Mark Bee, I plan to stay overnight Friday to Saturday. If Saturday is Poutine Day (as @Graeme suggested), then I'll stay as long as I possibly can that day. I have obligations that mean I need to return for Sunday and it's a 6+hr drive. Sleep is optional but poutine is not.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Speaking of the aforementioned 6+ hr drive: I'll be leaving from the Niagara Falls, ON area at about 9:30am, and driving up through Toronto to Montreal. If there are any members who would be interested in catching a ride with me, just let me know. Just note that I'll be leaving Montreal on Saturday as I said. Every dollar saved on gas is another dollar that can go towards our tattoos. Plus then I can drive in the carpool only lanes ;)