2014 Montreal Art Tattoo Convention

Looks like my "full day" of getting tattooed at convention is going to either be Friday or Saturday. Really hoping the convention atmosphere helps distract me from the joys of a ~7 hour session.

I found the situation very distracting last year. It was kinda nice to have so much to check out while Chad was drilling for oil on my legs. I'm sure a bunch of us will do walk-bys to see how you are holding up throughout the day.

Good times ahead!

Looks like my "full day" of getting tattooed at convention is going to either be Friday or Saturday. Really hoping the convention atmosphere helps distract me from the joys of a ~7 hour session.

I'll have to see, but I'm leaning pretty strongly against getting tattooed at the convention this year because I'll be two sessions into my back and I think it will probably be smartest for me to put my money and energy into that (unless, of course, I find that bag full of money), but that means that I'll be around to offer moral support, witty banter, snacks, and the like. Drinks will be on me afterwards.

I'll have to see, but I'm leaning pretty strongly against getting tattooed at the convention this year because I'll be two sessions into my back and I think it will probably be smartest for me to put my money and energy into that (unless, of course, I find that bag full of money), but that means that I'll be around to offer moral support, witty banter, snacks, and the like. Drinks will be on me afterwards.

during the 6th hour please hold my hand and tell me i'm beautiful.

Drinks will be on me afterwards.

Woah ! I'm in ! Hahaha !!!!

In all seriousness, if the gods of finance smile on me this summer, I hope to attend this year. I was disappointed not to be able to make it last year.

I wish the artist list on the various sites was a little more coherent. So far I'm looking for Mike Wilson, Aaron Coleman (the panther killers!) Steve Boltz and Valerie Vargas.

Woah ! I'm in ! Hahaha !!!!

In all seriousness, if the gods of finance smile on me this summer, I hope to attend this year. I was disappointed not to be able to make it last year.

I wish the artist list on the various sites was a little more coherent. So far I'm looking for Mike Wilson, Aaron Coleman (the panther killers!) Steve Boltz and Valerie Vargas.

Steve Boltz is pretty often there...he's been at the last three anyway, so I wouldn't be surprised if he is there again this year. Mike Wilson was there a couple of years ago as well and he was supposed to attend last year but cancelled. I read an interview with him in Tattoo Life where he talked about injuring his hand or wrist, which I would guess had something to do with that. Anyway, I don't think it would be completely far fetched to see him attending again.

• 1 month later...
slow day at work so why not bump this thread because it is only 2 months away now...

Does anyone have appointments set up yet?

Are we still eating horse meat?

I'm still likely not getting tattooed but I think I'm okay with that. I'll be there regardless, and I'll set up the LST meetup, horse meat or not.

Poutine is horrid fresh, let alone days old <insert barf face>.

I don't think I'll be going, gotta start saving for my back piece :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blasphemer! Poutine with bacon is not only the most delicious thing ever invented, it even lets you hear your arteries clog in real time.

I might have to go, it's only a couple of hours away from me. I think. Could be wrong, but it's definitely not very far. Once I finish this current one (T-Minus 2 weeks on that front) I'll be hurting for cash, so I'd just get something quick and small from whoever would take me. :p

Blasphemer! Poutine with bacon is not only the most delicious thing ever invented, it even lets you hear your arteries clog in real time.

Gravy was the worst idea ever, and cheese on fries... Nope. The smell of it alone makes me want to hug a toilet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...