2014 London Tattoo Convention

Just really hoping theres some stuff in the book that will fit my arms various gaps.

With 100+ designs I'm sure you'll find something you like.

I want to get one on my leg, but they said in their email that they will only be able to do certain parts. Have emailed them to see what they can do - might have to re-think things.

• 2 weeks later...
Ended up breaking my right collarbone on saturday, so have effectively halved the amount of spots i have available to get tattooed at the convention, now i'm really hoping i'll find some things in the smith street book that'll fit!

If anyone wants to say hi i'll be the one in the stupid foam sling.

I feel your pain man (bad choice of words!).

I had an appointment with Javi Rodriguez a year or so back at frith street, managed to break my wrist a couple of days before and was supposed to be having a cast fitted the day of the appointment but i put it off for a day because i did not want to lose the chance of being tattooed. Certainly didn't enjoy the 3 hour drive to London or the return but it was worth it!

Hope it's not too uncomfortable for you to sit

I feel your pain man (bad choice of words!).

I had an appointment with Javi Rodriguez a year or so back at frith street, managed to break my wrist a couple of days before and was supposed to be having a cast fitted the day of the appointment but i put it off for a day because i did not want to lose the chance of being tattooed. Certainly didn't enjoy the 3 hour drive to London or the return but it was worth it!

Hope it's not too uncomfortable for you to sit

Hopefully it won't be too bad, i've got almost 4 weeks till the convention so it should be on its way to recovery at least.

The last time i got tattooed by Chad i had actually fallen out a tree a couple of hours before my appointment and hurt the arm i was getting tattooed. I dont remember it being too painful but then i did have a slight concussion.

As for my appointments, i'd put my name on the list the last time i got tattooed at Smith St. But they did say they'd be taking walkups aswell, so i'd maybe just suggest getting there early.

Do you reckon there's a chance of me getting a walk-up with Bert Krak or Eli Quinters? Do any of you know how hard it is?

cheers

I know they're doing walk-ups. Not sure how easy it is to get one though. If you go first thing when they open I'm sure they can fit you in. Good luck!

Do you reckon there's a chance of me getting a walk-up with Bert Krak or Eli Quinters? Do any of you know how hard it is?

cheers

Hi Joe, last time I was at the convention (2012), Eli and Santoro made walks-up, you could choose design from the book that they carry, we went with a friend on Friday early to the booth of Smith Street and an assistant pointed the name and Mobile phone on a list. As van crossing out names on the list they call you on the phone to tell you what time you go to a tattoo with them. I guess if you go at first hour, the same day may take you. Definitely the best day is Friday, normally not so busy than the other days but I'm sure this year will be a madness of people. Luck! (excuse me for my english)

@Jackrabbitt666 You have your location set as London, if that's the case phone Frith Street and book an appointment no?! You may have to wait a few months, no more than three I would imagine, maybe not. Keep an eye on the FST twitter. I got a cancellation spot and ended up with an awesome hand sized mermaid/seahorse combo the same day I enquired. I have never found it as hard to get an appointment anywhere as people make out on twitter/facebook/instagram (side note - if you are using these as your means to book an appointment, that's your problem - pick up a phone) Hope you get your tattoo! Eagle and skull, what's not to love!!

@Jackrabbitt666 You have your location set as London, if that's the case phone Frith Street and book an appointment no?! You may have to wait a few months, no more than three I would imagine, maybe not. Keep an eye on the FST twitter. I got a cancellation spot and ended up with an awesome hand sized mermaid/seahorse combo the same day I enquired. I have never found it as hard to get an appointment anywhere as people make out on twitter/facebook/instagram (side note - if you are using these as your means to book an appointment, that's your problem - pick up a phone) Hope you get your tattoo! Eagle and skull, what's not to love!!

Haha cheers man, I've called and been into the shop a couple of times, just gotta wait until Valerie's books open up. I've checked out so many different artists lately but man Valerie's eagles are so rad, think I'll be patient and keep an eye out for cancellations!! By the way just seen your back and it's awesome! So nice, you must be stoked!

Just bought my ticket for Sunday, super psyched! If anyone is up for a beer let me know!

I've been told there's some crazy lines in the morning, is worth getting there early?

Also I've spoken to an artist about getting something done, he's up for it, just wondering what the etiquette is on pricing? Should I ask for a ball park or just sort it on the day?

Just bought my ticket for Sunday, super psyched! If anyone is up for a beer let me know!

I've been told there's some crazy lines in the morning, is worth getting there early?

Also I've spoken to an artist about getting something done, he's up for it, just wondering what the etiquette is on pricing? Should I ask for a ball park or just sort it on the day?

If you buy an advance ticket online (comes as a printable PDF) then you can get in 30 mins earlier and probably avoid queuing. It's £23 or so (including CC fee) versus £25 if you pay on the day, not much difference price wise though.

As far as pricing- some guys like Beau Brady had prices on the designs they had laid out. I'd not feel too embarrassed about being up front about what you have to spend... Different thing from haggling I reckon.

Looking forward to this now!!