2014 London Tattoo Convention

So.. I just decided not to go to London for the convention this year. Going there tomorrow actually and had planned to stick around for two weeks but life changes and I don't feel like it anymore. Also need to save some of my cash for future adventures. So anyone who expressed interest in seeing Rudy Fritsch work on my back piece (collaboration with Iain Mullen) don't have to look for me. We will probably continue in Trieste, Italy, where Rudys shop is on the middle of november instead. Have a great convention everyone, wish I could be there!

So.. I just decided not to go to London for the convention this year. Going there tomorrow actually and had planned to stick around for two weeks but life changes and I don't feel like it anymore. Also need to save some of my cash for future adventures. So anyone who expressed interest in seeing Rudy Fritsch work on my back piece (collaboration with Iain Mullen) don't have to look for me. We will probably continue in Trieste, Italy, where Rudys shop is on the middle of november instead. Have a great convention everyone, wish I could be there!

I'm sure you'll be there another year....

Sometimes life upsets the best laid plans.

Yea got my advanced ticket, can't wait! Which day you going? Who have you got lined up?

So pumped, off to Croatia this weekend then back in time for the convention.. Happy Days

If you buy an advance ticket online (comes as a printable PDF) then you can get in 30 mins earlier and probably avoid queuing. It's £23 or so (including CC fee) versus £25 if you pay on the day, not much difference price wise though.

As far as pricing- some guys like Beau Brady had prices on the designs they had laid out. I'd not feel too embarrassed about being up front about what you have to spend... Different thing from haggling I reckon.

Looking forward to this now!!

Yea got my advanced ticket, can't wait! Which day you going? Who have you got lined up?

So pumped, off to Croatia this weekend then back in time for the convention.. Happy Days

I'm just there the Friday... Just being tattooed by Tomo from Yellow Blaze (some more colour on my front piece).

I love the idea of getting a small walk up from someone too, but I don't know if I should, money-wise. Spent a lot on tattooing this year.

Either way I'm looking forward to doing a little walk-about and snagging some loot like t-shirts.

That piece by Tomo is insane.. Soooo good. Nice man, enjoy :)

I'm just there the Friday... Just being tattooed by Tomo from Yellow Blaze (some more colour on my front piece).

I love the idea of getting a small walk up from someone too, but I don't know if I should, money-wise. Spent a lot on tattooing this year.

Either way I'm looking forward to doing a little walk-about and snagging some loot like t-shirts.

All the Instagram posts this past week and a half where people are heading to London for the Convention is driving me crazy. I'm really tempted to book a last minute flight over and check it out as well as the Somerset Gallery show. Seriously, I've been pouring over hotel room fares and my bank account since last week. Still trying to work it out. Do I really need to eat next month?

Everyone who is attending, you lucky people!

Ramen noodles totally taste better than you remember... just sayin

The last time I was in London, perhaps it was the location, but the ramen was...ummm, off. It was like the time I had Mexican food in Seattle. Oof!

Now the döner and the chip shops are awesome!

The last time I was in London, perhaps it was the location, but the ramen was...ummm, off. It was like the time I had Mexican food in Seattle. Oof!

Now the döner and the chip shops are awesome!

Haha, I meant that if you spend all your money to go to London for the convention, you can always survive on the $0.25 ramen noodles for a month!

Randomly, I have gotten a good burrito out of London Victoria train station, made by a true Mexican. That caught me off guard.

Haha, I meant that if you spend all your money to go to London for the convention, you can always survive on the $0.25 ramen noodles for a month!

Randomly, I have gotten a good burrito out of London Victoria train station, made by a true Mexican. That caught me off guard.

Yeah same here. I can't remember what the place was called unfortunately, except it was near some weird broadcast looking tower in the middle of the city, but it had pretty good Mexican food. I mean it was really quite good. Not a fancy place, just a side street place to grab a bite. Not something I would have expected.

.25 cent ramen packs. There you go! My desire to go is conflicting with my desire to start my next tattoo, so I'm really being torn. Not to mention it's freaking hot here in LA. I can't stand this weather. I usually head to Scotland this time of year to escape. Typically gotta have my haggis fix, but you know...tattoo want.

I'm totally up for meeting up with any LSTers on the saturday!

Hey @ThatGuy, I'd love to get a sneak peek of your back at the convention if you don't mind?

Seriously considering asking Valerie to do mine once I decide what I want.

You can't go wrong with Valerie... She's amazing. I'll be around for most of the day - would be happy to meet up. My company bailed on me, so I'm rolling solo anyway.

Wow, great day today... I think this year's line-up lives up to the hype.

Saw Ed Hardy just chilling but I didn't want to bother him.

Freddy Corbin was floating around and tattooing, cool to see him in the flesh after loving the Vice episode on him.

I got tattooed until evening by Tomo and made a bit more progress on my front. Next year will see it finished (kind of sad about that, the Yellow Blaze experience is kind of sweet, sad to call it a day in some ways).

Most importantly I met @jade1955 and @Jade1959 ... Nice to shake hands and say 'hi'.

And now I'm drinking a nice Brewdog 5AM Saint...

post-1095-146168872519_thumb.jpg

post-1095-146168872524_thumb.jpg

post-1095-146168872528_thumb.jpg

Oh, and re: Queues... I think I'd get there well before opening time if you want to get in early. There was even a long queue for advance ticket holders today... Took me 30 mins to get in. Couldn't judge whether the queue for people buying tickets was moving well or not.