2014 London Tattoo Convention

Is it too early to post this...?

I know it's seven months away but I've put it in my diary. It looks like I will be getting tattooed most of Friday, all going well (it's far enough out that I'm going to sit on that for the moment, I'm superstitious about jinxing it).

The last 1-2 years in a row I've missed this convention but this time around I'm looking forward to it - and hopefully meeting some LSTers.

Anyone fired off any e-mails or secured some super-early bookings?

Never too early!! Yes, I am looking forward to it already - I have just secured an appointment with Horitomo, which is just, ridiculously exciting, I can't believe how lucky I am! I also talked to Filip Leu a couple of months ago about an appointment...but I will have to wait a couple months on that one, he didn't know if he has space and the person who deals with his convention appointments is off travelling, if he is full I totally understand - he must have people waiting a long time for a space with him! Last years convention was amazing, this looks like it might be even better!

• 1 month later...
It's never to early to be thinking about the London Tattoo Convention! I haven't got anything set up yet but I'm going to try and grab a walk up with one of the Smith Street guys if possible

I asked them about getting tattooed at the London Convention when I was in their shop last summer, and they said they almost always made space (particularly if you've been tattooed by them before), but that it was best to get to them when the show had just opened.

Haven't booked my flight yet, I'm not sure whether I'm going to stay for Saturday too. At the moment I'm just there on the Friday.

@RoryQ stay for the Saturday as well!

Thanks for the heads up, I'll have to make sure I get there as early as possible, I think I'm going to get tickets for the whole thing that way I can ways come back and try again if I'm not quick enough the first day.

Hi, I just had a look at the London Convention website and as far as I can gather, the artists for this year have yet to be announced....so, what's the secret here? How can you guys know who'll be there and even book a space with them??

A bit confused and curious now...

Hi, I just had a look at the London Convention website and as far as I can gather, the artists for this year have yet to be announced....so, what's the secret here? How can you guys know who'll be there and even book a space with them??

A bit confused and curious now...

The London Tattoo Con Instagram page has been announcing artists.

But also- it's often the same names year in, year out, because people like to go to it. You can be fairly sure certain people will be there. This year is its anniversary so it's extra special.

I think this year is going to be a really amazing Convention because of the line up and some specials. I didn't know Horitomo was going, but what a score!

Alex Reinke is going to be launching a book about Mick of Zurich, which'll have loads of unpublished work from Mick's massive repertoire of work. The Leu Family will attend and they only do London once every 2 years. Same with Sabine Gaffron. Kurt Wiscombe is going. And Mike the Athens!! Now I'm gonna go lurk on the convention's instagram to see what else is up.... Now if i see Mike Roper I'll really fall off my chair.

I have to say though it's a crazy convention even as conventions go. I mean the cross contamination that goes on in those toilets is insane. Get tattooed early I guess and try not to touch too many things!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So who else is getting tattooed at this convention?

I want to get a traditional style palm-sized one on my leg, but as a fairly tattoo noob I'm struck with almost too much choice between the artists. Gonna go through them all and start checking who got slots still, but any recommendations would be highly appreciated.

So who else is getting tattooed at this convention?

I want to get a traditional style palm-sized one on my leg, but as a fairly tattoo noob I'm struck with almost too much choice between the artists. Gonna go through them all and start checking who got slots still, but any recommendations would be highly appreciated.

Man your tattoos are absolutely ridiculous, you don't need advice on taste from anyone!

I would definitely have a look at the boys from Smith Street tattoo though, I think (although don't quote me) that Eli quinters and Bert Krak are coming this year, it doesn't get much better for traditional American tattooing.

I'm getting tattooed by Steve Byrne at the convention, he might still have some spots and is another great option...

Man your tattoos are absolutely ridiculous, you don't need advice on taste from anyone!

I would definitely have a look at the boys from Smith Street tattoo though, I think (although don't quote me) that Eli quinters and Bert Krak are coming this year, it doesn't get much better for traditional American tattooing.

I'm getting tattooed by Steve Byrne at the convention, he might still have some spots and is another great option...

Thanks bud. Have emailed the Smith Street guys, but not holding my breath. Will continue looking for some others to contact. Hope all the good ones aren't booked up yet - would be fun to get one there.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been keeping an eye on the artist announcements as they come out and there are some fantastic names in there. I got tattooed by Bert Krak just on a walk up last year and would love to add another piece next to it this year but I will just have to see who is announced as we go through the year and then consider how far my money is gonna stretch. I will definitely be coming away with a piece of art/print from Ed Hardy though no matter what happens.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...