Hello from RVA

s3rndpt

Hi everyone...I've been lurking for a while, so I thought it best to sign myself up and say hi. It's been 20 years since I got my first (and currently only) tattoo, and 1 husband, 2 kids, a career, and a lot of closed piercings later I'm finally getting ready to jump back in with a partial sleeve (with plans for more over the next few years). My artist will be the wonderful Amy Black of Amy Black Tattoos here in Richmond, VA, and I am very excited to finally be getting some work done on this tattoo, which I've been mulling for at least the last 5 years.

I'll do my best not to ask any terribly silly questions, but it's been a long time since I've done this, so bear with me!

You can't go wrong with someone Timothy Hoyer mentored.

Yeah, she's learned from one of the best, and now she's one of the best (IMHO) :) It says a lot that she took over his shop when he went to NY.

I spent a lot of time considering various shops here because RVA has so many good ones, but her tattooing style and personality seemed to match mine the best. We had a consult a couple weeks ago, and it went well. Unfortunately, I do have to wait a bit because she books up fast, but I figure it's been in the works for 20 years, what's a couple of months more.

I think she does a certain type of tattoo really well, for sure. But there are quite a few tattooers in Richmond who are absolutely fantastic.

Definitely...there are some amazing shops and artists here--that's why I had such a hard time with it. She just seemed to fit with what I was looking for this time around.