Lurker

Paulus

Hi peoples.

I have been lurking for a while and having read so much great stuff I thought I'd best just break the ice by saying thanks!

I got a small tattoo, some lettering, a couple of years ago. It's actually very , very low on my pubic bone but I still like to show it off!

Like right now Im on holiday in Tenerife and being an exotic beachwear fetishist I manage to display it with ease!

I like to turn heads love the double take people make on spotting my tat.

I'm seeing lots of bad tattoos on the beach. And until reading the stuff I've read here probably wouldn't have realised the importance of thinking about it first.

My wife encouraged me to get my first tattoo and would probably support the idea of another one or two but she'd be expecting small discreet ones.

I only want one more, but it'd be a big one. Full back and legs as a minimum and probably a full suit given half the chance.

That's just a fantasy for now but its the reason I don't want any bits and pieces doing.

I'm keeping the canvas clean for the big one.

I don't do things by half. And kind of exhibitionist.

Perhaps my next thread will be a progress thread :)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

• 11 months later...

Wow! It's a year since I joined!

I've enjoyed SLT and learned a lot.More than ever I need to get started on a project.

One question that hadn't occurred to me is an issue I might have with a skin condition. I've had seborrheic dermatitis all my adult life and it affects my upper torso and arms mostly.

It's a scaley rash which can lead to flaking and very rarely some weeping. It comes and goes in phases. As I get older it eases gradually.

I wonder if anyone has experience of tattoo's on skin affected by eczema or dermatitis?

My plan is for a large if not full chest piece. I like things to be symmetrical so a central piece would work for me and if it goes well expand from there. I've got ideas and my better half is expecting something to be starting soon.

I'm 50 now although I don't act my age! I'm old enough to consider the implications of tattoos on my life and want to progress to something that can't be hidden with normal clothing. So extending on to my neck and/or sides of my already shaved head seem inevitable :)

Wow! It's a year since I joined!

I've enjoyed SLT and learned a lot.More than ever I need to get started on a project.

One question that hadn't occurred to me is an issue I might have with a skin condition. I've had seborrheic dermatitis all my adult life and it affects my upper torso and arms mostly.

It's a scaley rash which can lead to flaking and very rarely some weeping. It comes and goes in phases. As I get older it eases gradually.

I wonder if anyone has experience of tattoo's on skin affected by eczema or dermatitis?

My plan is for a large if not full chest piece. I like things to be symmetrical so a central piece would work for me and if it goes well expand from there. I've got ideas and my better half is expecting something to be starting soon.

I'm 50 now although I don't act my age! I'm old enough to consider the implications of tattoos on my life and want to progress to something that can't be hidden with normal clothing. So extending on to my neck and/or sides of my already shaved head seem inevitable :)

Do you have any ideas or imagery you are thinking of starting with? What style tattoos do you enjoy?

I'm gravitating towards something with roses, quite bold roses.

But here is something I'm in love with: tumblr_mnzvhiRisT1qzabkfo1_500.jpg

And it does continue onto his neck. I have that as a wallpaper on my phone.

I don't want anything gory or particularly masculine. Actually many of the designs I have in mind are quite feminine.

There are some awesome side of head pieces out there and all my favorites are on female's heads!

If you are in the UK, that looks like a job for Sneaky Mitch (Mitchell Allenden). He kills huge torso pieces. Can't wait to see it when you get started. I would ask a dermatologist about you skin ailment. I am afflicted with Keratosis pilaris. It doesn't hinder the tattooing as far as I know, but I can still feel it after the tattoo has settled in.

Thanks for the name drop. Leeds is only a couple of hours drive away.

Some nice chest pieces of his on the web.

I've not thought too much about "who?" So far. Been concentrating on the "me" aspect.

Being compulsive, I'd likely just do it as soon as I talk to an artist. So I've spent a couple of years making sure of where I'm going with this.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...

So, 2 years since I joined and I've just booked my first 2 sittings for some inking. Can't accuse me of rushing!

I'm starting with a half sleeve. After much studying I'm settled on a floral design with some butterflies and maybe a humming bird or other critters. It'll be quite feminine, well, positively girlie actually. But that really suits my strong feminine/androgynous nature which gets stronger as I age.

My 1st appointment isn't until June so plenty of time to sort the detail. The tattooist is quite local and fairly new to her own shop but she's booked solid. Got a good reputation already.

So I hope to make it a full sleeve, finishing on the back of my right hand and eventually a butterfly being visible on my neck as part of a natural progression onto my back and chest.

Some work to get there I know, but I have a lot planned.

Don't worry about my work etc. My next career move will hopefully be retirement!

Sent from my MediaPad T1 8.0 Pro using Tapatalk