hi from lebanon, pa

Matthew Thomas

Hi, I'm new here but not new to tattoos. I got my first tatt about 12 years ago, and I'm somewhat heavily tattooed now with almost 15 tattoos on my arms and hands. I do have a question, though. Is it weird for a man to get a tattoo of handwriting? I'm thinking of getting the words "Death is certain Life is not" in my wife's handwriting, next to a grim reaper that I'm having done wrist to elbow on my right arm. But I'm thinking the handwriting part is a little too feminine? Maybe not, what do you guys think?

Hi and Welcome!

I don't think handwriting is inherently masculine or feminine and ultimately you should get what you want. However, My personal opinion is that with a reaper that big, you're already stating pretty clearly what the text is trying to.

Let us know how it turns out!

After thinking about it, I do agree that it's redundant. I've already paid my entire deposit which covers several pieces, two of which are already done. But I have another piece that I would like to do in a different color, perhaps she will do that for me instead. I will talk to her about it when I go for my next appointment, which happens to be the grim reaper. Can I post links to images even though I'm a new member?

Does anyone know if vaseline could help lighten an old homemade tattoo? The ink is pretty light. I'm not about to spend money on expensive laser treatments or tattoo removal creams. It's an old tattoo on my chest and it's lettering with very thin, light linework. Yes I care that it's there, even though it's covered by a shirt. Any thoughts?

- - - Updated - - -

I've discovered another way to remove it. I'm not sure of the rules here concerning posting info about tattoo removal methods, so I won't share it except to say it's minimally destructive and non-invasive, and is actually an existing treatment for skin problems which will have its intended effect, except on my tattoo instead of the skin problem it was made to treat. Given the fact that it's such a light tattoo, it should only take a few treatments.