Are there way too many tattoos, especially on ...

lastjohn

Are there way too many tattoos, especially on women? The body is not a mural. What's wrong with these warped pieces of garbage that they don't have any concept of what it means to be a living being? You're not a billboard that rents space for pictures of snakes and crossbones.

Methinks someone is trying to pick a fight!

I did used to think that extensive tattooing on females was somewhat unattractive, though let me be clear that I wasn't judging them the way the OP is. But last month I attended my first tattoo convention, and I realized that having tattoos doesn't make a woman any more or less attractive. I saw some women there that only had a few tattoos or less that I still found unattractive, conversely I saw some women/girls that were very heavily tattooed and I thought were very attractive, and no less so due to their extensive tattooing. I even saw one girl who had her head shaved, and I thought she was pretty sexy. I realized that we all want to be tattooed for different reasons, but while we all have our differences, we are all sort of the same in a way. So we shouldn't judge each other for getting tattoos. We all want to express ourselves in different ways, and that's what makes us so unique. It's not something to criticize, it's something to celebrate.

What it ultimately boils down to is that most women who are heavily tattooed probably don't get them because they are concerned with others finding them more (or less) attractive based on how many tattoos they have. A family member recently commented that they don't understand why I would want a grim reaper tattoo, and I not so politely and in not so many words told them that I didn't ask them to understand (I guess she isn't really family, she is my grandpa's wife's daughter, who is not my grandmother, and I don't really have a relationship with this person beyond facebook or the occasional family get together, but I would have told my parents the same thing). Anyway, males or females that are extensively tattooed don't ask for anyone's understanding or approval. They do what they want to with their bodies, and that's their right. Other people's opinions of it are irrelevant.

I'm fairly certain that none of the ladies who post on this board give a flying fuck whether toss-pots on the internet think they are attractive or not, based on their tattoos or otherwise.

Also, this argument works both ways. Some men who are heavily tattooed are 'hot', some aren't.

I wonder how attractive the naysayers are? Not very, I'd wager.

The problem is... (and I hate to admit it) but you'll find women with a lot of tattoos will exude and air of confidence and not give a fuck what anyone thinks. However... the more close-minded men that pervade realms of society whether it be the news, TV, movies, etc. with these ideas about women, the more women will be raised into a world that holds that mindset and ultimately, will care. Yes, I have, over time come to accept myself and my body, but I can also say that it took me the majority of my life thus far to reach that point. And even my love for myself is teetering on a delicate tight rope because women are constantly fed (even by eachother) how to feel, act.. what to say and how to say it... what we should or shouldn't put onto or into our bodies. It's disgusting and repulsive when you peel back the mask on what is happening all around us, but it is also so difficult to ignore and not be affected by it when you are raised into the ideals of men.

Sorry to get all feminist on you all, but my point is that most heavily tattooed women do not get tattoos to feel attractive, but don't assume we are above feeling "less than". Or experiencing hatred towards our tattoos and our image and being hurt by it and falling into a world of shattered self-esteem. Everyone experiences it in the world we live in and no one is truly immune. Some just learn to roll with it and take it in stride.

Sorry HaydenRose, my post in no way meant to diminish how women (or men!) may feel with respect to negativity aimed at them. Your post rings very true (I'm female). It was the assumption that women may/may not get tattoos in the first place because men find them attractive that raised my hackles, and the implied suggestion that perhaps they should get fewer as that particular poster does not find heavy tattoos to be attractive.

Sorry, I'm muddle-headed today. I make no sense.

Sorry HaydenRose, my post in no way meant to diminish how women (or men!) may feel with respect to negativity aimed at them. Your post rings very true (I'm female). It was the assumption that women may/may not get tattoos in the first place because men find them attractive that raised my hackles, and the implied suggestion that perhaps they should get fewer as that particular poster does not find heavy tattoos to be attractive.

Oh no! My post definitely wasn't directed at you. It did spark my brain to post what I said, but more because it seemed like a lot of men had been rallying for women the past 4 pages (which is great!) but I felt what I said needed to be said in general so that people don't do the whole "well since I think women shouldn't be victimized for their bodies I'm helping the problem by saying so." It's like racism... there's a difference between saying your not a racist and actually stopping racism. We can't just assume level-headed women are always immune to this type of slander.

I remember seeing a short documentary on rape and one of the interviewees said that she had never met a women who truly loved her self and her body. And that is, unfortunately, so true.

And now I'm jumping off my podium. Commence the troll-bashing! Who the hell starts a jack-ass thread and then abandons it? WTF?!

Are there way too many tattoos, especially on women? The body is not a mural. What's wrong with these warped pieces of garbage that they don't have any concept of what it means to be a living being? You're not a billboard that rents space for pictures of snakes and crossbones.

how is this guy not banned yet ?

or at least he should have to spend the day in a small room with a bunch of tattooed women.

I don't think you understood my posts. What I was trying to say was that most women who get tattoos DONT care whether other people find them more attractive with their tattoos, and they shouldn't have to because it's their right to do what they want to with their body whether anyone else likes it or not. I was also saying that attractiveness has nothing to do with how many tattoos a person has. They either are attractive or they aren't, with or without tattoos. So I think you took me all wrong. I was defending women with tattoos. It doesn't even matter whether they are attractive or not, tattoos ain't gonna change it either way.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and women (and men) should get as many tattoos as they feel like and can afford. I was not implying anything to the contrary.

Speaking personally, tattoos don't have much influence on my physical attraction to women. I find tattooed women attractive based on a perceived mutual passion for tattoos. As far as why women get tattooed, it's their decision whether or not to get tattooed. It's unfortunate that some women don't get tattooed base on the idiotic stigmas that men place on them.

I base attractiveness on personality and attitude. I can see a beautiful woman and recognize her physical attributes, but they have very little to do with compatibility. A nasty personaility/attitude is so unattractive. I wouldn't even have a one night stand with a hot chick with a fucked up attitude. Sorry, but that's just me. Females with nasty attitudes make my skin crawl, because in that case, physical beauty is a pretty cover hiding a decaying inside.

I have seen too many knuckleheads on message boards. I suppose it depends on their lack of brain power and Neanderthal value system.

Don't get over sensitive. In a forum that loves body art so much I did't realize this place was so PC. Tattoos are physical markings and to think in terms of physical locations and correlations or proportions of canvas and ink seems reasonable to me. Tattoos are used to bring attention to certain areas of the body many times and if you think that is shallow or makes me a knucklehead then I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. You can think I'm an asshole and I will just think of you as a winey, sensitive troll. Point is I love a lot of tattoos on certain women and others I think look out of place, in the end who cares as long as the owner is happy with the art.

Don't get over sensitive. In a forum that loves body art so much I did't realize this place was so PC. Tattoos are physical markings and to think in terms of physical locations and correlations or proportions of canvas and ink seems reasonable to me. Tattoos are used to bring attention to certain areas of the body many times and if you think that is shallow or makes me a knucklehead then I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. You can think I'm an asshole and I will just think of you as a winey, sensitive troll. Point is I love a lot of tattoos on certain women and others I think look out of place, in the end who cares as long as the owner is happy with the art.

No need for name calling.

Depends. I have seen too many on the wrong girls. I suppose it depends on their body and the tat.

Explain to me how this is not offensive. I'm really curious how you don't hear the douchery in your statements.

Explain to me how this is not offensive. I'm really curious how you don't hear the douchery in your statements.

Exactly. [MENTION=5483]TheDude[/MENTION], who are these "wrong girls"? I don't actually want to read the answer because there are no wrong girls. Most of the people on this forum are respectful toward women (and some of us even are women). Is that too PC for you?