Are there way too many tattoos, especially on ...

lastjohn

Exactly. [MENTION=5483]TheDude[/MENTION], who are these "wrong girls"? I don't actually want to read the answer. There are no wrong girls. Most of the people on this message board are respectful to women. Is that too PC for you?

Simply put, some images and designs will look out of place or take away from a women's beauty. Big, small, athletic, it doesn't matter. I'm just saying that some tattoos are placed in the wrong areas and the sizing can be wrong or too many tattoos like the OP asked can take away from the women's beauty or the beauty of the other tattoos. I suppose you don't like the answer, but like it or not the answer is yes. If you can't admit that you have seen both males and females with tattoo overload that results in a negative look then you are delusional. I have also seen both males and females that can cover their entire body and pull of the look very nice. It's just a matter of opinion. No need to read more into my statements then what is there based on your need to find something offensive in any statement that address the physical features of women. I'm sorry your liberal ideology blinds you to this point (taken a simple statement and reading WAY more into it). I was not trying to be offensive and anyone that doesn't read anything more into my statements then what is there would see that. Some girls look better with less and some do not. DO YOU DENY THAT? If so, congrats you have an opinion just like me. It is just an opinion, but I think if people were honest with themselves they would admit they have seen tattoo overload on girls that should of taken a "less is more" approach. I find it is often based on build, location of tattoo, and color and design of tattoo. This goes the same for men.

- - - Updated - - -

way cool word ! :cool:

And I agree. Douchery is a fantastic word. And I do hear the douchery in my statement. But as I have said. It is just my opinion. You don't have to agree with it. But I'd be a liar if I said any body could have as many tattoos as they want and place them anywhere on their body they want and it will ALWAYS look amazing. Wish that was the case, but I don't see it like that. To each their own.

Simply put, some images and designs will look out of place or take away from a women's beauty. Big, small, athletic, it doesn't matter. I'm just saying that some tattoos are placed in the wrong areas and the sizing can be wrong or too many tattoos like the OP asked can take away from the women's beauty or the beauty of the other tattoos. I suppose you don't like the answer, but like it or not the answer is yes. If you can't admit that you have seen both males and females with tattoo overload that results in a negative look then you are delusional. I have also seen both males and females that can cover their entire body and pull of the look very nice. It's just a matter of opinion. No need to read more into my statements then what is there based on your need to find something offensive in any statement that address the physical features of women. I'm sorry your liberal ideology blinds you to this point (taken a simple statement and reading WAY more into it). I was not trying to be offensive and anyone that doesn't read anything more into my statements then what is there would see that. Some girls look better with less and some do not. DO YOU DENY THAT? If so, congrats you have an opinion just like me. It is just an opinion, but I think if people were honest with themselves they would admit they have seen tattoo overload on girls that should of taken a "less is more" approach. I find it is often based on build, location of tattoo, and color and design of tattoo. This goes the same for men.

- - - Updated - - -

And I agree. Douchery is a fantastic word. And I do hear the douchery in my statement. But as I have said. It is just my opinion. You don't have to agree with it. But I'd be a liar if I said any body could have as many tattoos as they want and place them anywhere on their body they want and it will ALWAYS look amazing. Wish that was the case, but I don't see it like that. To each their own.

It's not for me to judge what others have chosen to put on their own skin.

The "OP" is a troll who posted that to stir up trouble...then you came along and agreed with him.

Don't get over sensitive. In a forum that loves body art so much I did't realize this place was so PC. Tattoos are physical markings and to think in terms of physical locations and correlations or proportions of canvas and ink seems reasonable to me. Tattoos are used to bring attention to certain areas of the body many times and if you think that is shallow or makes me a knucklehead then I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. You can think I'm an asshole and I will just think of you as a winey' date=' sensitive troll. Point is I love a lot of tattoos on certain women and others I think look out of place, in the end who cares as long as the owner is happy with the art.[/quote']

Being "PC" and being respectful are two different things, and I found your original post disrespectful as a tattooed person and as a woman.

Does that make me whiny, or am I allowed to say that I found it offensive and beside the point? Ugh. I agree w @TrixieFaux: "omfg".

You also keep telling all responders that they should or shouldn't feel a certain way while defending your OP - we're allowed to have opinions. Have I told you you shouldn't feel the way you do?

Also I hadn't seen the next page of responses! Good show, folk!!!

When I read your first post, I assumed you meant only girls you consider hot should have tattoos. You might consider that reading too much into it, but statements like that are common on the internet. If what you meant to say is some women (and men) get badly placed and designed tattoos that make them look worse, that's another matter entirely. I don't think it has anything to do with liberal ideology, unless liberal ideology is the only ideology that considers it a bad thing to insult people.

Why are people feeding the troll? Clearly the guy who made this thread is a complete joke and he only made this thread so he could get people riled up. Let this thread die and send this troll back under his bridge.

Good call. Why *are* we feeding this troll?

"PC" is one of those words that should've died in the '90s with that horrible Jeremy Piven movie. (PCU (1994) - IMDb) It implies that my beliefs aren't my own. That deep down we're all racist/sexist/homophobic but not brave enough to say it like great American heroes Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, et al. I will say that we generally don't discuss politics here because it's divisive and impolite. Though I will admit to having a liberal ideology, which is this: don't be a dick. But hey, @The Dude, A for effort on backtracking. So in the spirit of forgiveness, let's start over.

Hi! Welcome to LST. Got any tattoos? Can we see 'em?

If other people think my wife and I are ugly due to the amount of or type if tattoos then fuck them. We aren't trying to change the perception of tattoos or be models or have some representation of " the natural beauty of the body" fuck that. Neither of us have ever been though of as beautiful people so why the fuck would we care about that in regards to what tattoos we get. If our tattoos can ruin someone's day even better.

If other people think my wife and I are ugly due to the amount of or type if tattoos then fuck them. We aren't trying to change the perception of tattoos or be models or have some representation of " the natural beauty of the body" fuck that. Neither of us have ever been though of as beautiful people so why the fuck would we care about that in regards to what tattoos we get. If our tattoos can ruin someone's day even better.

Maybe you should consider the fact that your tattoos have significantly enhanced your appearance and made you both physically much more interesting people who are judging based on looks. I don't think I or anyone has ever said that only runway models can get tattoos. Like Trixie et al believe. As Tesseracts nicely noted there was an assumption going on. This assumption of who I deem or don't deem should have more or less tattoos is something that people attacked because they constantly look for a fight in regards for anything that doesn't fit their kumbaya world. At least I am glad to see some people get it.

Let me give you an example to help clarify my previous statements for those like Trixie that still believe I only think hot people should have tattoos or something crazy like that. Personally, I am not a GQ model. I am very thin and non-muscular. If I was to elect to get a 4 inch thick barbed wire tattoo around my bicept and then another around my other and then maybe two more to my calves I would view this as someone who has too many tattoos of a certain type based on my body type. I think it would look silly and I think others would feel the same. I elect for thinner more linear styles based on my frame. I have seen monster size tattoos on guys with huge muscular backs that look amazing, yet I know that would be a step too far for me. Get it? Now when you substitute female for male you can see the same rationale, but of course the Trixies will come out swinging because they feel war on women has come to fruition because we acknowledged that women have physical characteristics that vary among each other. What a joke. Like I said, way over sensitive and yes, too PC does fit in this dialogue.

Tip of the hat to those that got that and didn't feed the madness and by into the nonsense that people like Trixie like to create based on their conclusions and not fact.

Maybe you should consider the fact that your tattoos have significantly enhanced your appearance and made you both physically much more interesting people who are judging based on looks. I don't think I or anyone has ever said that only runway models can get tattoos. Like Trixie et al believe. As Tesseracts nicely noted there was an assumption going on. This assumption of who I deem or don't deem should have more or less tattoos is something that people attacked because they constantly look for a fight in regards for anything that doesn't fit their kumbaya world. At least I am glad to see some people get it.

Let me give you an example to help clarify my previous statements for those like Trixie that still believe I only think hot people should have tattoos or something crazy like that. Personally, I am not a GQ model. I am very thin and non-muscular. If I was to elect to get a 4 inch thick barbed wire tattoo around my bicept and then another around my other and then maybe two more to my calves I would view this as someone who has too many tattoos of a certain type based on my body type. I think it would look silly and I think others would feel the same. I elect for thinner more linear styles based on my frame. I have seen monster size tattoos on guys with huge muscular backs that look amazing, yet I know that would be a step too far for me. Get it? Now when you substitute female for male you can see the same rationale, but of course the Trixies will come out swinging because they feel war on women has come to fruition because we acknowledged that women have physical characteristics that vary among each other. What a joke. Like I said, way over sensitive and yes, too PC does fit in this dialogue.

Tip of the hat to those that got that and didn't feed the madness and by into the nonsense that people like Trixie like to create based on their conclusions and not fact.

straight up... fuck off. sorry but like really? no one gives one fuck, especially on this forum, about your sexist ideas of women and tattoos. they are for those who want them, where ever they want them, and in the styles they want. No gender or race or body type should stop that. You're obviously a troll trying to stir the pot. Either that or a sexist douche.

straight up... fuck off. sorry but like really? no one gives one fuck, especially on this forum, about your sexist ideas of women and tattoos. they are for those who want them, where ever they want them, and in the styles they want. No gender or race or body type should stop that. You're obviously a troll trying to stir the pot. Either that or a sexist douche.

image.png

What the hell are you talking about kid? Who said people shouldn't get tattoos based on their race?! What an idiot. So you just make up stuff and rant like a 12 year old hypersensitive child as if someone is arguing something like that? Chill out. Your the one stirring the pot. I'm assuming you are just not reading the posts and jumping on the bully ban wagon because you would not see anything about race or sexism that came from me. All I did was answer the OP's question. Yes some people have too many tattoos in my opinion that don't compliment their look, some don't. Deal with it.

The race card?! Really!? Just when I thought this post couldn't get anymore ridiculous. Try reading the post first you fool.

I don't know about other people and I agree this thread should just die a boring death but...

@The Dude the point everyone is trying to get across is that you can't dictate to others how or how much they should get tattooed. You don't like heavily tattooed women and men? Fine. Then my suggestion is that this forum is not for you.

I don't know about other people and I agree this thread should just die a boring death but...

@The Dude the point everyone is trying to get across is that you can't dictate to others how or how much they should get tattooed. You don't like heavily tattooed women and men? Fine. Then my suggestion is that this forum is not for you.

Again, where did you read I don't like heavily tattooed men and women? I have 27 tattoos. 28 if you count a cover up. Did you read that I didn't like heavily tattooed men or women somewhere? Have you been buying Trixie's trash or even worse the late comer to this conversation, Delicious?

Use a quote feature but don't put words in my mouth, thanks. This thread has gotten out of control. I have been called a sexist, a racist, and have read nasty comments directed toward me simply for voicing my opinion that it IS possible to have too many tattoos on SOME people. That's an opinion that I realize isn't shared by everyone, so be it. I got to tattoo conventions regularly and some people I see that's the thoughts I have. I don't go crazy over it, it's just a thought I have from time to time and sometimes I look at people with a lot and I think they should have way more. But to take it to the level that members that this forum has is disgusting. I have been a tattoo enthusiast my whole life. Mostly all military tattoos that have faded into my wrinkly shitty skin by now lol. I was looking for a good forum to join after jumping around reading from time to time and I hope the attackers on this thread don't reflect the attitudes of the community.

Perhaps the only thing worse then being called the names this group has thrown at me is having words put in my mouth and having to go to battle over a war that doesn't exist with the exception of only in the minds of a select few in this thread. Your are arguing something that isn't being argued. Just sad.

@The Dude OK I'll give you that you didn't say that you didn't like heavily tattooed people, but I still think you're caring way too much about how others get tattooed. And with that, you are definitely saying some women should get tattooed less and I don't know, maybe I'm wrong, but that's not going to sit well with some people. I'm trying to be nice now and explain this to you, because you seem capable of reason. I'm not siding with some of the people that are giving you shit, so... don't put words in my mouth either. The reason you're getting backlash is because (like I stated in my initial post) body image is a big fucking deal to women because men have made us insecure and scrutinize our bodies throughout history to where we now have an unhealthy disposition to hate our bodies passed down to our daughters and granddaughters and so on. So even if it's not your intention to single out women or agree with the OP or stir up a ton of drama... you did. The damage is done.

I'm just trying to help you see how you could have come across as well, a douche. So that maybe you can continue contributing to this forum in a meaningful way because I have faith that if you stick around you'll see this place is pretty rad and people are genuinely nice and respect each other.

Does that make sense?

Why is it such a big deal to someone else if a man or woman of a certain body type got one or more tattoos that someone else feels doesn't "fit" their body type? It should be none of your nevermind what someone else tattoos on their body, shouldn't it?

I'm reminded of the little girl on youtube buckling her seat belt. "you worry about yourself"

Why is it such a big deal to someone else if a man or woman of a certain body type got one or more tattoos that someone else feels doesn't "fit" their body type? It should be none of your nevermind what someone else tattoos on their body, shouldn't it?

I'm reminded of the little girl on youtube buckling her seat belt. "you worry about yourself"

I don't think anyone would argue that. I certainly didn't. But I'm sure someone will take that as being a racist or sexist /sigh.

You make body image out to be more important than it is. When I buy a suit or shirt my body or build places a massive role in style and cut. I feel that it does in tattoo selection, quantity, and placement as well. But in the end I wouldn't give two shits about anyone disagreeing with my assessment of my choices as long as I am happy with them. Not sure why anyone else would care what I would think of them either, but apparently my opinion carry's a lot of weight. I can tell you that it shouldn't if you are a confident person. I bet those who attacked me were just unhappy with their tattoo quantity or projected that I would think negatively of their tattoos which is more than likely FAR from the truth. I would probably love em. Oh well. Take it it for what you will, but be ashamed for throwing out names that you clearly don't understand the impact. Douche is fine. But anyone who calls an old fart with an opinion of this topic a sexist or racist clearly has never experienced that very dark side of life and you only highlight your ignorance.

I get what you are saying Hayden. But why do you care about what others think about your body? Who gives a flying truck. Just do you. Shitty semi-appology accepted. :) Feel free to call me a douche anytime, it won't change who I am at this point in my life lol.

I don't think anyone would argue that. I certainly didn't. But I'm sure someone will take that as being a racist or sexist /sigh.

You make body image out to be more important than it is. When I buy a suit or shirt my body or build places a massive role in style and cut. I feel that it does in tattoo selection, quantity, and placement as well. But in the end I wouldn't give two shits about anyone disagreeing with my assessment of my choices as long as I am happy with them. Not sure why anyone else would care what I would think of them either, but apparently my opinion carry's a lot of weight. I can tell you that it shouldn't if you are a confident person. I bet those who attacked me were just unhappy with their tattoo quantity or projected that I would think negatively of their tattoos which is more than likely FAR from the truth. I would probably love em. Oh well. Take it it for what you will, but be ashamed for throwing out names that you clearly don't understand the impact. Douche is fine. But anyone who calls an old fart with an opinion of this topic a sexist or racist clearly has never experienced that very dark side of life and you only highlight your ignorance.

I get what you are saying Hayden. But why do you care about what others think about your body? Who gives a flying truck. Just do you. Shitty semi-appology accepted. :) Feel free to call me a douche anytime, it won't change who I am at this point in my life lol.

I am pretty sure that what everyone is trying to get across are those points exactly and that they apply to the same people that you are imposing your preferences upon.