Just building the lightest rotary tattoo machine :)

LACEnano

Hello everyone.

1. Thank you Scott for asking - I love tattoos but i don't make them.

We were called from a few of our local tattoo artists that told us what problems they have with there current tattoo machines (like adjusting stoke and power, cleaning and weight). So we decided to help them and try to make one with all that featured involved to optimize their problems - so we designed and build LACEnano.

2. Thank you Matt, we tried to make it functional, looking good and clean at the same time. Currently we have one and are still testing it with our local tattoo artists (that ask us to build it) and testing it that everything feals and works just right for them.

Pretty lame' date=' if you ask me. Lots of great artists use rotaries these days. Then again, I'm not an artist, so I have no dog in this fight.[/quote']

Ya me either, this thread caught my eye because I has seen that meme.. I did ask him about the new machines once and his thought was folks should master the old machines before trying to learn the new ones, he's a traditional style artist with clearl traditional traditions and method and I dig it personally..

It's not like rotaries are heavy to begin with and already have next to no vibration. I don't see what's so different on this? What's the issue this artist is having with power? Rotaries can run on next to nothing.

I might also add that the purpose of this forum is to talk about good tattooing by both tattooers and 'collectors' alike. A despised term but effective. It's kind of in poor taste to join simply to push your next product, it's not a good look. The best way to start your account is to post in the introduction thread first and include images, tattoos, tattooers that inspire you, tattoos you have of your own, or tattoos that you've done.

It looks like John Clark's system to me. I wonder how he feels about this machine. Did you ask him about how he feels about this machine?

Also have you built any or do you just assume it will be the lightest with no vibration? Also where do the rubberbands go?

• 2 weeks later...