Hello from Boston!

jwm2k3

We have lots of answers.

Sweet. I came to the right place then...no 100% sure I should ask these questions in my introduction thread, but here goes!!!

I'm looking to get mechanical tattoos, not biomechanical (not a fan of the alien looking ink for myself) but mechanical stuff....gears, cog wheels, etc...inside of a clock type of stuff. I do not want the ripped skin look, more of a look that appears real. I've Google'd till my fingers fell off...searched all over. There are some good tattoo pictures out there.

What I'm looking for is an artist to create something. A drawing, a fucking brilliant masterpiece. I know it's gonna cost me thousands and thousands of dollars. I'm good with that!

What I didn't get at the shop I had a few consults with was: anyone remotely interested in dealing with me, no eye contact, and not listening to my ideas. Now I realize tattoo artists see many different people all day, and I get that some may be semi retarded...add to that, I'm a noob and don't really know the lingo or terminology used in a tattoo shop. So I think lurking here, asking my noob questions here hopefully I can educate myself enough to articulate what I want. Hey, maybe I just did...but this last guy I saw was disinterested. Oh well....too bad too, because I enjoy leaving a large cash tip for work well done.

I'm a 42 year old guy with zero tattoos as of right now. I want both sleeves done, maybe half sleeves to start.

Can anyone recommend a guy or shop that loves mechanical shit???

Thanks in advance, I'm sure there will be more questions!

Sweet. I came to the right place then...no 100% sure I should ask these questions in my introduction thread, but here goes!!!

I'm looking to get mechanical tattoos, not biomechanical (not a fan of the alien looking ink for myself) but mechanical stuff....gears, cog wheels, etc...inside of a clock type of stuff. I do not want the ripped skin look, more of a look that appears real. I've Google'd till my fingers fell off...searched all over. There are some good tattoo pictures out there.

What I'm looking for is an artist to create something. A drawing, a fucking brilliant masterpiece. I know it's gonna cost me thousands and thousands of dollars. I'm good with that!

What I didn't get at the shop I had a few consults with was: anyone remotely interested in dealing with me, no eye contact, and not listening to my ideas. Now I realize tattoo artists see many different people all day, and I get that some may be semi retarded...add to that, I'm a noob and don't really know the lingo or terminology used in a tattoo shop. So I think lurking here, asking my noob questions here hopefully I can educate myself enough to articulate what I want. Hey, maybe I just did...but this last guy I saw was disinterested. Oh well....too bad too, because I enjoy leaving a large cash tip for work well done.

I'm a 42 year old guy with zero tattoos as of right now. I want both sleeves done, maybe half sleeves to start.

Can anyone recommend a guy or shop that loves mechanical shit???

Thanks in advance, I'm sure there will be more questions!

This thread is the perfect place to ask these types of questions.

Sorry your first shop visits went poorly. The professionalism and customer service in shops varies wildly but I think you will find the shops and artists recommended by this forum are some of the nicest professionals in the business.

Mechanical and Bio-Mechanical tattoos aren't currently the most popular style, but don't let the popularity influence your decision, it will just be trickier to connect with an artist that excels in mechanical design. My recommendation of Chad Chesko was based on all of the killer black and grey bio-mech work he posts on his instagram account. I know you said you don't want bio-mech but it might be worth having a discussion with him about your ideas because based on my observations I'd bet he would be great at creating a mechanical design that flows nicely as a sleeve.

Hey guys and gals....

For those of you who did many hours and hours of research before getting your 1st tattoo, did you waver on designs? I feel I may have decided in looking at other designs of tattoos...

Normal? Or am I doomed?