fix or cover-up?

Matthew Thomas

I'm just super glad that we worked it out and she was able to fix it for me. It's not a "perfect" tattoo, but it appeals to me in its own weird, funny way. I'm the kind of person who digs things others might consider low-quality, like ratty bikes or beat-up old furniture. This might be a super low rent, ratty black star but dammit, it's MY super low rent, ratty black star :p

P.S. Even sometimes with a good artist, not every tattoo comes out perfect. In case the artist who did it ever reads this, I'm NOT dissing you. You did your best and I completely respect that. I don't think this tattoo is ratty or low rent. I used those words to turn up my nose at any "potential" snobs who may not accept this as a "good" tattoo. Not every tattoo has to be technically perfect to have an appeal. And the way I see it, if the tattoo appeals to the person wearing it, that's all that matters. All the tattoo elite can say anything they want. You're a very good artist, and I'll defend your work no matter what. And I really do like this star.