Getting some more tattoos fixed, what next?

passive jay

I want to start the process of my next tattoo. I would like to fix all of the old tattoos I have that I am not 100% happy with. Some of my tattoos can be saved with color and line work but I think some will have to be covered up.. and a couple are just not workable at all.. thats not to say all of my old tattoos are bad, I do like some of them!

Ok, on to the point of the thread. which of these two should I work on next and what should I have him do?

My problem with this phoenix is that the details all blend together, perhaps if it was colored in it would look better?

IMG_20140226_195153_zps371721fa.jpg

IMG_20140226_195415_zpsc427cb96.jpg

Or should I fix this one next, its so faded a cover up might be the best option?

IMG_20140226_195232_zps5faa90bc.jpg

IMG_20140226_195439_zpseff33f52.jpg

so which one should I have worked on next and what would you have him do?

Do you eventually plan on "fixing" all the black and grey tattoos on the that arm? Maybe consider blasting over it all with a japanese sleeve. I'm thinking koi, wind bars, water, etc. I recommend checking out the artists at Name Brand Tattoo in Ann Abor, Michigan.

The other piece on the back of my forearm I am indifferent on (the skull and hands) so it could stay or go but I do like the work on the front of my forearm

it was actually a coverup as well.

IMG957157199294716_zpse2337f41.jpg

IMG957161317255955_zps3f6cd78c.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

to give you all a better idea of what I am working with on that arm I just took a couple pictures.

IMG_20140227_090548_zpse888f102.jpg

IMG_20140227_090459_zps052a86e1.jpg

IMG_20140227_091722_zps389d41ac.jpg

no advice?

if you are unhappy with your tattoos get coverup work from quality artists. maybe research laser removal to give you more options.

i think a traditional crawling black panther or panther head would work great as a coverup and would be a bad ass tattoo.

what else do you want us to tell you?

if you are unhappy with your tattoos get coverup work from quality artists. maybe research laser removal to give you more options.

i think a traditional crawling black panther or panther head would work great as a coverup and would be a bad ass tattoo.

what else do you want us to tell you?

I want to be told that I am pretty and smart and that people like me...

Oh... tattoo stuff! Well you covered most of what I wanted to be told, I was just wondering what people would fix first, and how they would fix it.

I want to be told that I am pretty and smart and that people like me...

Oh... tattoo stuff! Well you covered most of what I wanted to be told, I was just wondering what people would fix first, and how they would fix it.

Your looks aren't offensive and you are smart enough to ask us for advice and I don't hate you...

The good news is good tattoos will make you prettier, smarter, and we'll love you for sharing photos with us.

I would attack the phoenix first because it is very unreadable (would have thought it was a bio-mech wing type thing if you didn't say it was a phoenix). Hope that wasn't too harsh...

Also sounds like you've been getting most of your recent work from the same guy, correct? Don't be afraid to branch out and explore new artists. Half the fun of collecting tattoos is visiting different shops and meeting different artists.

Your looks aren't offensive and you are smart enough to ask us for advice and I don't hate you...

The good news is good tattoos will make you prettier, smarter, and we'll love you for sharing photos with us.

I would attack the phoenix first because it is very unreadable (would have thought it was a bio-mech wing type thing if you didn't say it was a phoenix). Hope that wasn't too harsh...

Also sounds like you've been getting most of your recent work from the same guy, correct? Don't be afraid to branch out and explore new artists. Half the fun of collecting tattoos is visiting different shops and meeting different artists.

yeah my last 4 have been from the same guy and the 5th was from an apprentice of his.

Trying other artists would be cool but I would feel disloyal to the guy I work with now.

I would definitely try Name Brand and Depot Town as exume mentioned. Especially Jeff Zuck at Name Brand. Wish that I could get something from him without flying to Michigan.

I am stopping in to talk to my current artist on tuesday to figure out what we are doing on friday but I will check that out for my next one.

Here is the artist I use now.

Vicious Ink Tattoos & Piercings - Artists - JR

yeah my last 4 have been from the same guy and the 5th was from an apprentice of his.

Trying other artists would be cool but I would feel disloyal to the guy I work with now.

I highly encourage you to be disloyal to your current artist and try out some folks at the afore-mentioned Name Brand or Depot Town... they have some amazing tattooers for sure, and your current artist leaves a lot to be desired...

I highly encourage you to be disloyal to your current artist and try out some folks at the afore-mentioned Name Brand or Depot Town... they have some amazing tattooers for sure, and your current artist leaves a lot to be desired...

I think perhaps you are confusing my old artist with my new one, I think my artist is just fine.

If you had not seen the other threads here is a bit of his work.

Here is an old piece he fixed.

ba2_zps7eb2c27e.png

And my favorite tattoo.

IMG_20140108_194000_zps1da9933d.jpg

First off, I like the skulls and I like the age on them. Maybe that's just my taste, but older tattoos look more bad ass to me. I do see what you mean about the phoenix. A cover up seems like a drastic move. I'd see about having someone who has the skills to rework it and add some color and darker lines for definition.

You got to be happy with them, but I don't see too many reasons why you shouldn't like them as is. Hope that helps.