Mike Dorsey's Paintings

Dennis

I've seen them in person in Cincinnati and where I also met Mike. He's a great guy and the pictures on his site don't do the artwork justice after seeing them in person. I've been a huge fan ever since, and I'm constantly impressed with the speed at which he posts new work. I've recently scored a print of one of his pieces and thought I would start a thread to bring attention to his work for those who haven't seen it yet.

Paintings

Mike Dorsey has been consistently incredible for the last 20 years, and people always seem to forget about him. Discovering him was one of the things that led me down the path to discovering good tattooing.

I already knew about good tattooing by the time I had met and actually held conversations with Mike. Between him and Kore Flatmo, those two taught me that tattooing doesn't have to be so serious. Have fun with what you do, don't give a fuck, and make bitchin paintings and tattoos.

Mike is honestly the most talented painter I know of. The way he captures the essence and emotion of the woodblock style is flawless. You would almost think he learn under one of the great ukiyo-e masters.

Mike is honestly the most talented painter I know of. The way he captures the essence and emotion of the woodblock style is flawless. You would almost think he learn under one of the great ukiyo-e masters.

Not to mention the speed! He seems to put out a painting a day. I don't know where he gets all the great ideas, every single one is interesting and unique!

Absolutely stunning! Thanks for posting. The bird in the Namakubi Hair Completes the Nest painting is so menacing. Also love all the iPhones and modern gadgets.

That was hands down my favorite one. I would love to own that one day.

• 3 weeks later...