"Cannot connect to server"

Sorry if this has been asked before, but most of the time when I open LST through tapatalk (on a galaxy s3 if that matters) I get an error "cannot connect to server" and sometimes it loads threads, sometimes not. I usualluw use the timeline page I believe, the one that shows threads most recently posted in. When i try to refresh the screen, or sometimes even when opening it originally I get the error message and it says "no results" instead of showing threads. I usually have to completely xlose down tapatalk and restart it to make it work. Any ideas on why this is happening? Also, sorry if this is confusingly written, I'm terrible with technology and struggle to type on a smart phone.

Yes, this is a known bug for which I have not been able to find a cure unfortunately.

Despite the message, you should still be able to connect and use the app normally, except for the 'like' feature, which sadly does not work.

I do still have this on my list of things to fix but the Tapatalk folks are not providing support so it's challenging.

Thanks for suffering through that - I know it's critical to have a working mobile app and we absolutely will keep this on the roadmap for important future improvements.

Steve

• 3 months later...
I used to be able to use tapatalk but they appear to want me to sign in with a password for the forum now, when I connect with Facebook... damn I regret signing up through Facebook...

I refuse to sign in to anything using Facebook. FB already tracks everything you do when you are logged in, and even when you AREN'T. The only way to stop FB from tracking you (I think) is to use FB in a completely different browser and use that browser for nothing else.

I refuse to sign in to anything using Facebook. FB already tracks everything you do when you are logged in, and even when you AREN'T. The only way to stop FB from tracking you (I think) is to use FB in a completely different browser and use that browser for nothing else.

also wear an aluminium foil hat. name brand works better than generic store brand. :)

I quit FB about 8 months ago and I have enjoyed the experience a great deal.

I quit FB about 8 months ago and I have enjoyed the experience a great deal.

That's where they post pics of my grandkids, and I can keep up with best friends we rarely see. I agree it can be a huge time sink if you let it. That's what notification settings are for! ::shrugs::

The best: waking up on my birthday to a picture of my granddaughters on FB holding a poster that reads, "Happy Birthday Grandma" with their hand prints in paint around it.

That's where they post pics of my grandkids, and I can keep up with best friends we rarely see. I agree it can be a huge time sink if you let it. That's what notification settings are for! ::shrugs::

The best: waking up on my birthday to a picture of my granddaughters on FB holding a poster that reads, "Happy Birthday Grandma" with their hand prints in paint around it.

I totally get that! I wasn't trying to suggest everyone drop FB. It can be very useful for keeping up with family and friends. For me, it became about how much time I was wasting on it. And I was wasting plenty! :)