LST Skateboarding videos thread

Graeme

Even though I was never actually good at it, skateboarding is probably one of my biggest and earliest influences in life. In the late 80s or early 90s during the summers in the shitty little town where I grew up, the curling rink was converted into an indoor skatepark with half pipes and even though those ramps were terrifying and I couldn't actually skate them for the life of me, that skatepark is where I first heard punk rock. Thrasher magazine was like a bible: I read about Youth of Today in there, it was through Thrasher that I was introduced to artists like Pushead and Jim Phillips, there were the Skate Rock tapes and the Sessions ads always selling t-shirts with the Misfits skull on them. I treasured those magazines. Actually skating went in and out of my life and I don't think I've actually been on a skateboard since high school. I think about starting again from time to time, but then I remember that I'm old and my body hurts at the best of times as it is. But even so, I like going on Youtube and wasting away hours watching skate videos. Anybody else? What are your favourites?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rVLguwR5o8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHj-nlam4C4

I broke my foot recently and my buddy brought me the thrasher video collection while i can't work or skate. Wade Speyer has been keeping me pretty stoked.

- - - Updated - - -

I broke my foot recently and my buddy brought me the thrasher video collection while i can't work or skate. Wade Speyer has been keeping me pretty stoked.

I remember those videos. I remember my favorite was Mouse by Girl/Chocolate and Rodney Mullen Vs Daewon Song round 1 Rodney's part with the Doors song "strange" blew my fucking mind seeing him do all those oddball tricks. I also had the 411 here they went to Hawaii and also 411 #4 where Bam Margera was 14 years old and was still an AM and less of a douche.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think I've actually been on a skateboard since high school. I think about starting again from time to time, but then I remember that I'm old and my body hurts at the best of times as it is.

Including myself we have four 40+ skaters from our shop that still go to local skateparks on the regular. Still ripping. Liquigels homie. That's the magic right there. Oh and wristguards too..... I need my hands and wrists.

Joel long does a mean frontside smith is all I'm gonna say for now.

- - - Updated - - -

This whole Blind video was crucial at that time

Including myself we have four 40+ skaters from our shop that still go to local skateparks on the regular. Still ripping. Liquigels homie. That's the magic right there. Oh and wristguards too..... I need my hands and wrists.

Joel long does a mean frontside smith is all I'm gonna say for now.

Man, if it wasn't -20 with windchill right now with snow and ice covering everything...

Even more pivotal video was Ban This. The Frankie Hill segment especially; his part blew everyone's mind. Ramps were not always or easily accessible, and nobody had seen street skating like this before. Between Frankie's part and Ray Barbee's part this just made you want to go out and find a good curb or bank or stairs and kill it. This was being filmed in '88 & '89; crazy stuff for that time. Shit, still is. If me or my friends did half of these tricks on a session today it would still be awesome.

• 1 month later...
I saw this on Facebook today and it might not be the most impressive skateboarding on this thread, but it more than makes up for that for being inspiring. I'm thinking that I should suck up my fear of maiming myself and start riding.

The Berrics - News - NEAL UNGER, 60 YEAR OLD SKATEBOARDER

^ I saw that as well. Never too old to have fun man.

A few years ago my buddy and I were snowboarding here in CO and were at a halfway point on the mountain waiting for the lift. In front of us was some dude who we saw ripping just earlier. He turned around to talk to his friend and he was 65 if he was a day.

PWee turned to me and said "looks like we got at least 25 years left to do this".

^ I saw that as well. Never too old to have fun man.

A few years ago my buddy and I were snowboarding here in CO and were at a halfway point on the mountain waiting for the lift. In front of us was some dude who we saw ripping just earlier. He turned around to talk to his friend and he was 65 if he was a day.

PWee turned to me and said "looks like we got at least 25 years left to do this".

Definitely never too old to have fun. My pop heli-skied well into his 70s. I hope I have that kind of energy when I hit my 60's and 70's.

I saw this on Facebook today and it might not be the most impressive skateboarding on this thread, but it more than makes up for that for being inspiring. I'm thinking that I should suck up my fear of maiming myself and start riding.

The Berrics - News - NEAL UNGER, 60 YEAR OLD SKATEBOARDER

So good. Gives me hope that I can still learn kickflips.