May I introduce myself....

Taylor Killings

Hi, my name is Taylor and I am a double major at the University of North Texas. I am majoring in Entrepreneurship and Broadcast journalism and I'm preparing to open a tattoo shop within walking distance of my university that currently has 36,000 students enrolled. My shop will be open jan 2015, and I'm in the hiring process of artists. You may contact me at ScrappysHOPTattooCo@yahoo.com.

Thanks

I come from a line of entrepreneurs. That is my main focus. I am currently working on an apprenticeship, and learning about the art of tattooing. However, I don't believe that disqualifies me from being able to run a shop since I know the ins and outs of it.

- - - Updated - - -

It's a name based off of the university I go to. The shop will be within walking distance and catering to the 36,000 students that go there. The mascot is the Eagle, and the eagle's name is Scrappy. It's original to say the least.

- - - Updated - - -

What aspect of your broadcasting and journalism majors best qualifies you to run a tattoo shop?

It was a typo and was supposed to say entrepreneurship and broadcast journalism. Entrepreneurship is by far my strong suit, but I decided to pick up a second major.

- - - Updated - - -

What's wrong with it?

the thing that is scary here is that you keep mentioning your an entrepreneur, meaning your purely doing this as a business venture/money maker and not for the love of tattooing. I think you should reconsider and open a takeaway joint.

hearing the word "entrepreneur" makes me feel unclean.

Hi, @Taylor Killings. As several posters have already made clear, Last Sparrow is not a place you'll find tattoo artists to fill the roster at the shop you plan to open. I'll leave it at that.

Now, if you have tattoos on your person (or that you've done) that you'd like to share, those would be welcome. Just understand that by asking professional tattooers to work at your as-yet-unopened shop when you are still but an apprentice, you have likely rubbed many people here the wrong way.

the thing that is scary here is that you keep mentioning your an entrepreneur, meaning your purely doing this as a business venture/money maker and not for the love of tattooing. I think you should reconsider and open a takeaway joint.

The only reason I mention that is because I believe that I have the necessary tools of running a successful shop, but just not for money. I love the art of tattoos and have 6 tattoos already and counting. I want my shop to be an artist forward shop, working as a team and always learning new things. I'm all for my artists and helping them help themselves. While I do realize I am running a business, my artists are also running their own business under me. I don't want to do a 60/40 split because I feel as if that's being robbed. So I am asking for booth rental, while I also advertise for them and bring in customers. I don't think what I'm trying to do is as bad as y'all make it out to be. I'm also about to start on my apprenticeship if that helps.

The only reason I mention that is because I believe that I have the necessary tools of running a successful shop, but just not for money. I love the art of tattoos and have 6 tattoos already and counting. I want my shop to be an artist forward shop, working as a team and always learning new things. I'm all for my artists and helping them help themselves. While I do realize I am running a business, my artists are also running their own business under me. I don't want to do a 60/40 split because I feel as if that's being robbed. So I am asking for booth rental, while I also advertise for them and bring in customers. I don't think what I'm trying to do is as bad as y'all make it out to be. I'm also about to start on my apprenticeship if that helps.

(Sorry Harry, just had to.)

This just reads "Business cliche, university student idealism cliche, I'm super progressive cliche... Touch base... Shift paradigms... Revolutionize outside the box..." I'm all for fake it till you make it but this kind of generic patter is so transparent.

Also when someone shows you exactly where to read some pertinent information about your questions, including opinions from some extremely well respected tattoo makers, but your response is not to read that information but just ask "what's wrong with it?" then we have nothing for you here.

Good luck.