Hello! And allow me to introduce myself!

Krista Van Hove

My name is Krista V., I'm from Long Island, New York. I'm happy to have come across this forum/page as I am in the stages of planning my next piece and can use all the inspiration/help/advice I can get. I am not what one might consider a tattoo expert, and I don't frequent parlors often. So, the process of getting a tattoo can be intimidating to me. I LOVE learning about the history of tattooing and admire many different styles. I love Sailor Jerry flash, not sure if that's my favorite.

Anyway, I'm a registered nurse. Going for my Masters in psychiatric/mental health. I love music, art and nature - the sea above all.

Glad to be here and I'm looking forward to speaking with many of you and exploring the site!

~ Krista

- - - Updated - - -

Gouge, that's actually brilliant. I didn't know what that was, so I looked it up...right up my alley. Literally.

I'm just not sure about placement. I do want to eventually have a large piece built up around central images of a mermaid, a lighthouse and an anchor. So I want to leave canvas space for that.

For "Rose" the seemingly obvious place might be the shoulder blade...but that's boring to me. Any suggestions?

- - - Updated - - -

I've definitely settled on Kings Avenue. I need to look at portfolios and talk concept now.

- - - Updated - - -

Stony Brook area