Greetings from Norway

Marwin3000

Hi all!

I'm a 26 year old guy from Oslo, Norway. I currently study photography and work at a bike shop. So basically I take photos and clock km on my bike!

I've always really liked tattoos, but didn't get my first tattoo until 2010. I didn't get any new ones until last summer, and I've got 3 since last summer! I'm into traditional stuff and some neo-traditional! I'm really bit by the bug an got tons of stuff I want to get!

I'm taking a trip to NYC in september and I really want to get something done while there. So far I got my eyes on Brad Stevens, Steve Boltz and Daniel Santoro. I'll gladly take other recommendations and tips!

Thanks guys!

Hi all!

I'm a 26 year old guy from Oslo, Norway. I currently study photography and work at a bike shop. So basically I take photos and clock km on my bike!

Hi and it's great you work at a bike shop , I'm in the process of getting my track licence and hope to be racing sometime this year , what bikes do you ride ?

Hi and it's great you work at a bike shop , I'm in the process of getting my track licence and hope to be racing sometime this year , what bikes do you ride ?

I'm a road guy! I ride a Specialized Tarmac! We're a big Spec dealer here in Norway! You ride track?

Thanks guys!

And another question regarding getting tattoo'd in NYC(or any other place for that matter). I'm not really sure wether to get it at the start of the stay or right before I live. The flight is about 8-9 hour + travel to the airport and everything. I'm planning on getting something on either my forearm of my upper arm. So not too painful areas. Tips are welcomed!

Sorry for the double welcome posts up there. I was being a jackass and not paying attention to where I was posting. As for getting tattooed while traveling, I got tattooed all three days while in New York, and it was hellish. If I did it over again, I'd get tattooed once, towards the end of the trip. The humidity is what really got to me, since I am used to healing in a rather tepid climate. I don't regret any of the tattoos or anything; I just could have made it much more comfortable on myself.

Thanks guys!

And another question regarding getting tattoo'd in NYC(or any other place for that matter). I'm not really sure wether to get it at the start of the stay or right before I live. The flight is about 8-9 hour + travel to the airport and everything. I'm planning on getting something on either my forearm of my upper arm. So not too painful areas. Tips are welcomed!

Upper arm and forearm aren't that painful and they're pretty easy and quick to heal too, so I don't think it makes much of a difference one way or another when in your trip you get them. I would probably tend towards later in the trip just because New York can be super hot in September and you'll probably want to keep a fresh tattoo covered up, but I think either way is probably fine.

I've done a few trips from Norway to the US (NY, LA, SF) mainly just to get tattooed. I've always just let the tattooer pick the date (within the window of my stay) for the appointment, which has resulted in me getting tattooed on everything from the the day after my arrival to the day before my departure. It has never really been an issue for me. My worrying stops as soon as I get a confirmation that I'm booked in with whoever I want to get a tattoo from.