Spazzing Out

wenn313

Day 12 of my friend tattoo healing process. Is this normal? Never seen a tattoo heal like this. Thought it was infected but she's showing no symptoms of infection. It's just this white ish skin covering over her tattoo been like this since the 7th of March. She used H2Ocean as her aftercare then when tattoo started to shed she used Eucerin unscented lotion. What advice could you give my pal. My tattoos never healed in such a matter. Thanks guys

Edited by wenn313
Forgot The Pics

Day 12 of my friend tattoo healing process. Is this normal? Never seen a tattoo heal like this. Thought it was infected but she's showing no symptoms of infection. It's just this white ish skin covering over her tattoo been like this since the 7th of March. She used H2Ocean as her aftercare then when tattoo started to shed she used Eucerin unscented lotion. What advice could you give my pal. My tattoos never healed in such a matter. Thanks guys

Since the 7th of March? How can I get access to this fabulous time machine, and more importantly, why did your friend, given the choice of all the places she could go with with such a wondrous device, use it to get a tattoo? That aside, where did she get the tattoo? I've found that the speed at which I heal depends a huge amount on where on my body it is. Lower legs heal slowly for me compared to, say, my arms. Pictures would help, but your friend should probably contact her artist if she's having issues with healing.

She got her tattoo from an tattoo convention. The tattoo placement is on her arm. This isn't her first tattoo, she usually heals real well. I actually believe its the H2Ocean foam her 1st time ever using it. Usually she used the Goo, but I re edited the post and added a pic so people could see what I was talking aabout. The artist that did the tatt was from Los Angeles she told her that it's normal healing. But like I said before we got tatted at a Convention in Detroit. It aint like she can fly out to LA to get a touch up. People can tell you anything over VIA INTERNET OR THROUGH TEXT. Most artists feel insulted like your blaming them for what happened. Thanks for the comment @Graeme

I'm not an expert, but that looks a lot like when I've had some scabbing and the scabs have fallen off. I'd wait it out and see how it ends up looking because when I've had tattoos look sort of like that, they've ended up fine. It doesn't look like an infection to me. If I was her and she normally heals well, I'd ditch the H2Ocean stuff in the future.

it's fine I'm sure, it doesn't look infected just healing slowly; I'd tell you if it were a concern. Some new tattoos on some people just get a milkyish appearance for a few days or weeks. It's brand new skin growing back just like any normal scrape that has 'baby skin' after the scab comes off. I've seen some reds look pink after the peel but come back to vibrant red by the 3rd week or so.

Best advice is to just apply the aftercare religiously just as usual. It's a couple of weeks old I'm guessing? Motor City con from your description of recent show in Detroit? I'd say wait a full 4 weeks from the day it was done, and then evaluate what it looks like.

I do NOT recommend asking a doctor for advice. Trust me on this; all too many times I have seen a doctor jump the gun on a slow or poorly healing tattoo (out of pure ignorance is all) and take drastic measures when all it might need is some time to settle down and then evaluate. Some lady got a red reaction (not an infection) on her foot and instead of coming to us to see what we thought she went to a doctor and he gave her a dermal abrasion. It sounds almost as bad as it looks now. Just a horrible spaghetti looking scar now when it could've just waited out a month and then touch it up.

As far as your tattoos not healing like that; everybody's body is different and heals at a different pace.

looks like Graeme summed that up shorter and faster than I did while I plunked out that reply on my keyboard. #beatmetoit