Just here for UV Tattoo removal of extremely delicate skin

Gurby

I'm an Ol'Fart of 47, I'm just here to ask a few questions.

I'm here because my Ol'Lady found out she has a clear UV tattoo on her backside(tramp stamp) that runs down over her rear to upper inner thighs.

she tried to get it lasered off (3 sessions) , other then blurring the UV, had very little effect and it decimated then tats below the UV. the shop recommended a cream and it burned her.

we referred to a massage therapist, she does her thing in your home, she pulled out a sanding disc power tool(looked like a pink Pistol Die grinder) with a braided rope/paracord pad that made my girl freak out.I wish i had been there.

the thing in pretty much invisible, unless its in the right light. and if you know its there. you can feel it on her skin.

Big issue about it, is it is rude and offensive wording, Looks like a kid did it with a marker and it sucks her back in to the time in her life,She's trying to get past. This is not something she would ever have gotten intentionally. her other ink is right on. she has no other UV tats and we didn't even know they existed until we found hers.

I'm confused. Is this a real post? How does one get such a tattoo "unintentionally"?

If this is a real post and not some elaborate keyword troll, I don't think that's the kind of information anyone might readily share (nor should they be asked, in my opinion) either in the tattoo shop or online. Aside from being very personal, it has very little bearing on the solution to the problem.

In this (or similar situation) my advice would always be to cover it with a great looking, high quality tattoo. Japanese style tattoos work very well for that.

Edited by Stewart Robson
Added extra info

I'm confused. Is this a real post? How does one get such a tattoo "unintentionally"? Was she roofied -- or did she black out and go into a fugue state -- or did someone sneak into her room with a tattoo machine while she was asleep? Please elaborate.

She is an Addict, just short 11yrs clean now. So it's most likely happened while she was loaded. and yeah, We're real. so now can we PLEASE move on from the how it happened, to how to remove or fix it?

If this is a real post and not some elaborate keyword troll, I don't think that's the kind of information anyone might readily share (nor should they be asked, in my opinion) either in the tattoo shop or online. Aside from being very personal, it has very little bearing on the solution to the problem.

In this (or similar situation) my advice would always be to cover it with a great looking, high quality tattoo. Japanese style tattoos work very well for that.

Yeah, we looked at cover ups. the problem is it's not on a blank area of skin. it's partially over a very special one to her. and that is part of the reason it's killing her knowing its there.

I have zero experience with UV pigments, when not under UV light, are they visible to the naked eye? If they are not, the only safe and effective way to remove them will be via skin graft. Q-Switch Nd:YAG laser (the gold standard) and Picosure (the new kid on the block) rely on pigment differentiation to work, that is to say, fair skin with contrasting pigment. Likewise, white is very hard to treat as well.

I have zero experience with UV pigments, when not under UV light, are they visible to the naked eye? If they are not, the only safe and effective way to remove them will be via skin graft. Q-Switch Nd:YAG laser (the gold standard) and Picosure (the new kid on the block) rely on pigment differentiation to work, that is to say, fair skin with contrasting pigment. Likewise, white is very hard to treat as well.

It's visible if you know its there, you can see a slightly yellowish-green but its faint. actually I think the texture is more of what i see more then color. but you put it under a good UV and it freaking pops right out.

So could the Massage Therapist with the paracord looking pad on a power tool was Nuts, right? At least in your Opinion?

where she had her failed laser treatments, the skin is hard (scar) tissue and this is nearly 3 months since it was done, is this normal?

- - - Updated - - -

I apologize, and you're right @Stewart Robson, that was out of line.

No worries. if I wasn't there showing her the mess. I wouldn't have believed she didn't know about it.

Edited by Gurby
adding info

It's visible if you know its there, you can see a slightly yellowish-green but its faint. actually I think the texture is more of what i see more then color. but you put it under a good UV and it freaking pops right out.

So could the Massage Therapist with the paracord looking pad on a power tool was Nuts, right? At least in your Opinion?

where she had her failed laser treatments, the skin is hard (scar) tissue and this is nearly 3 months since it was done, is this normal?

Textural changes are always a possibility with laser tattoo removal, however you may want to seek the advice of a dermatologist. The textural changes could be due to scarring or keloids forming in the dermis and a fractional laser may be needed to further break those down.

Textural changes are always a possibility with laser tattoo removal, however you may want to seek the advice of a dermatologist. The textural changes could be due to scarring or keloids forming in the dermis and a fractional laser may be needed to further break those down.

She saw a Dermatologist for the second time today and she is scheduled for surgery on the 8th, They are talking skin grafts of the entire area of the UV crap. It's not tattoo ink and they're seriously worried about her liver and kidneys due to the prolonged exposure.

• 1 month later...

she got the skin grafts. where she had the round laser removal scar was really ugly once they opened it up for the skin graft. so a Spinal Surgeon checked it out since it was close to her Spine, and her Doc wanted a 4+ in section of meat removed. her tops of 2hr surgery turned in to 7hrs. due to the toxic UV color!(I want to stress this was not tattoo ink!!!)

THANKS Guys for all the Great Advice!!!