opinion on these 2 artists?

spyro

with my last tattoo, he got irritated with me for asking him to change his design twice.. the work is good, but I don't want to go back, just because "don't piss off the people who handle your food" is nothing compared to the ones who give you permanent ink.

Just read through your last thread, and I am getting the sense that this might turn into another one of those. You went to a great tattooer, if indeed you did go to Tim. If he wasn't able to help you, and the twenty people in your last thread weren't able to help, with all the advice, and good advice at that, that was given, I'm really not seeing any hope here.

I saw in your last thread that you said you don't know art. If that's the case, why are you changing a tattoo artist's art choices, and challenging his opinion? Do you see the incongruity there? If you read up on some other threads, this happens a lot, and LST generally knows how to deal with it. You'll see that the people who listen are happier. Don't take my word for it, though. Seriously, just read on your own.

I didn't go to Tim, no, but i went to another great artist.

He made my dragon head look like a dinosoar head at first. I asked him to change the head, that's all. I did not challenge his opinion, but this is my bbody, and I did not want a t-rex dragon.

EDIT: no, i remember.. the head was really beaked, then like a t-rex, then to how it is on my arm. Its not that it wa bad art, just not what I wanted is all.

with my last tattoo, he got irritated with me for asking him to change his design twice.. the work is good, but I don't want to go back, just because "don't piss off the people who handle your food" is nothing compared to the ones who give you permanent ink.

Are you happy with your last tattoo? You might have irritated him with your changes but at least now you might have a better feel for each other so you might get on the same page quicker with the next design. Also what are you planning on getting next?

Are you happy with your last tattoo? You might have irritated him with your changes but at least now you might have a better feel for each other so you might get on the same page quicker with the next design. Also what are you planning on getting next?

yeah, but I could be happier.

I'm a little confused as to why, if you're not planning on going back to this person, you feel you need to ask others opinions? If you didn't connect with your artist, that's what matters here, not what other people think about an artist that you don't connect with. I would rather get tattooed by a decent artist that I connect with than a great artist that I can't connect with. My artist has only been doing tattoos for 6 years, but her and I connect. I tell her what ideas I have and she helps me find an image that matches my idea, then she bases her design on that image and idea. So far, I've had nothing but positive experiences with her, and I plan on keeping her as my artist until I'm done getting tattooed. I was briefly considering going to Philly to see a well known artist, but my current artist really exceeded my expectations with my most recent tattoo, and I've decided to stick with her because we connect and she has proven her skill beyond the smallest shadow of a doubt in my eyes. I'm rambling a bit, but my point is that if you don't feel a connection with an artist in terms of them understanding exactly what you want and doing their absolute best to make sure you are satisfied (within reason, of course), then don't go to that artist. No one else's opinion matters beyond that.